5" ROS choices?

> I hate you.

LOL ... as the say: "that there's hard earned money, son." :)

Reply to
Swingman

The problem, it appears, is now those at the higher level have figured out how to sidestep recriminations by "outsourcing".

... I think I'll walk, or drive myself, to the next gig, thank you. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

Swingman wrote in news:c6mdnVOw5aFpcdDQnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Now what about the new rotex, the 90? Is that just another even smaller version, or does it have capabilities not in the 125 or 150? I think the

90 is ~3.5", 125 = 5" 150 = 6". Somewhere I saw a price of ~$650 for it plus a dustextractor, but the combo description wasn't clear to me, and it in't available until March, IIRC.
Reply to
Han

Although I just lurk there, thanks to NewsRack on my iPad, FOG (the Festool Owners Group) is full of glowing reports from Europe from those who have hands on with it.

Check out:

Swingman

Will the pads that fit the Bosch.....fit the Festool?

Max

Reply to
Max

Swingman wrote in news:D6SdnfKt891hmtPQnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Reply to
Han

See below ..

Besides being smaller, with the same dual mode charateristics as the larger multi-mode sanders, it also has "ability to swap the round pad for a delta-shaped pad to reach deep into corners and crevices."

Swingman

Comparison chart:

Swingman

I think I would like one of those. One of those, a TS75 along with a Rotex 150, and, whathehay one of them there 2000 watt routers, a sucker and you pretty much have a woodshop. Oh, and a MFT.

Reply to
Robatoy

It seems to sell alot of stuff in the market place today actually. But I prefered with the stuff work out of the box 100% of the time. That is not the case you test 13 out of a thousand if they pass send them to the warehouse.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

So what do you, test _all_ the cartridges in the case?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Bought any home video, a radio, small kitchen appliances.

Actually I test nada now, except for what I buy. Use to test electronics, after I fixed the production that did not work.

But testing at assembly works, sampling works well for electronic components but still relies upon use in pcb to weed out the bad ones.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

Not sure which you are talking about, Festool uses the 150 to describe the size of a round pad. They make at least two with a 150 in the description.

If you are talking about the right angle Rotex, about $500 I would say yes it is worth the difference if you can afford one. They CAN sand 3~4 times more quickly than the typical ROS and they can sand as finely as perhaps a finish sander. Coupled with a Festool vac they have SUPERIOR dust collection. That in itself will save you time and trips to the doctor. Nothing about them feels compromised or cheap.

I have no experience with the less expensive 150 ROS sanders.

What makes the so much better? Built in Germany, not farmed out to be built cheaper by a 3rd world country. No risk guarantee, use it for 30 days and if not satisfied return it, and that is followed by a 3 year warranty.

I do however recommend the smaller 125 if you are going to be using the sander in confined tight spaces or doing face frame, cabinet door type sanding. If mostly sanding wide flat areas the 150 will be better. Keep in mind that because the Rotex sands so much more quickly it does cover a log of area much faster than a like sized competitor. IMHO the 125 is much more versatile in usage.

Reply to
Leon

would not be concerned about that if you want to save time sanding. Basically the agressive mode speeds sanding. You can sand with the typical ROS for 30 minutes or the Rotex in agressive mode for 5~10 minutes, you simply move the sander more quickly to accomplish the same thing. And of course if you need to remove more material in certain spots it is very very capable of keeping up with a belt sander with out having to change sanders.

At the very least give one a work out at your local dealer or give the 30 day try at home a run for its money.

Reply to
Leon

IIRC the 90 will add the feature of osculating to the mix of modes, basically if becomes a clone Fein Multimaster sander also.

Reply to
Leon

Dont recall saying that however I do believe Robatoy indicated something along the lines of random orbit and a more agressive random orbit but with an added circular spin with in the random orbit.

Take a look here for the Festool explanation and illustration of the difference.

> The 9-hole system sure sounds like nice tech.

Reply to
Leon

"Leon" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I just might be going for the new rotex 90 (mm), rather than the 125 mm. Seems like a better deal with more capabilities. Now how do I get a good deal on a combo with the CT26?

Reply to
Han

If I did not already have, besides the RO125, both the RTS and DTS400, I would definitely do likewise.

IMO, appears to be be an excellent choice, Han.

Might want to look on the FOG forum and see what's being said about them.

Swingman

Festool normally has a package deal program going that gets you a discount if you buy a Vac at the same time you buy a Domino, Sander, or Track Saw. There may be other deals available. I got my Vac with the Domino.

Also Festool normally has a better introductory price the first few months on top of the combination deal with the Vac. You might get an even better deal if you buy the 90 when it first comes out.

When I bought the Domino within the first months of introduction and the Vac I got a sizeable discount, IIRC > $200. YMMV.

Keep in mind that the 150, 125, and 90 indicate pad size in mm's.

The 150 is approximately 6" in diameter, the 125 is approximately 5" in diameter, the 90 will be approximately 3 1/2" in diameter.

Reply to
Leon

a grinder while the random orbital motion polishes it out. Cool tool.

Now to wait for HF to release one.

-- If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. --Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Larry Jaques