48 year old saw part

Hello, I have an old Craftsman tablesaw--model 103.22161. I need a part and Sears says it is unavailable. Any ideas? Thanks
gjtms wrote:

Could you give us a clue as to what part you need?
If you are looking for Crapsman's trunnon and arbor they are available in Ebay.
Crapsman Arbor Housing.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category 789&itemC39712824&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Arbor Kit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category 789&itemC40179819&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Beside the above he also sell other Crapsman/Ridgid TS parts. Before you buy them remove the arbor from your TS measure various dimensions, length etc. Then, check with the seller to make sure it's the correct part. I have to shims the bearing housing to align the arbor.
I have no relation with the seller, I am very satisfy customer.

Well, it SURE wouldn't hurt if you had posted WHAT part you needed - Without knowing WHAT PART, any suggestions are probably moot
John

I bought a vintage craftsman jointer last spring. When I learned Sears no longer carried the part and the manufacturer went out of business years ago, I stripped off what I might use in the future and scrapped the rest. Good luck! Joe
gjtms wrote:

You don't say what the part is. If you have any hobby machinists in your circle of friends, it may be something simple to crank out. Otherwise, a trip to the machine shop might still be an economical way to put a good machine back in order. You won't know until you check it out.
bob g.