Subject Author Posted Replies

Hull-Oakes Steam Sawmill
I had never seen this, until today. Pretty neat operation. http://www.garymkatz.com/OnTheRoad/HullOaks.htmSonny
2

O/T: Can't Afford a Doctor?
If you can't afford a doctor, go to an airport - you'll get a free x-ray and a breast exam, and; if you mention Al Qaeda, you'll get a free colonoscopy Lew
2
2

OT - Extreme Weather
Eastern Kansas and Northeast Oklahoma continue to prove they are the weather MixMaster for the nation. A week ago Thursday we had low temperatures in the -20 to -31 range in the region from Chanute,,...
4
4

Sliding Door Guide Strips
I'm helping someone refurbish sliding closet doors. The doors themselves have a simple groove routed top and bottom to accomodate the guide strips which are nailed into recesses in the closet frame....
7
7

OT - very - Comcast "service"
Below is the text of an email I just sent to Comcast. Actually it's a little longer because I had to trim the Comcast one to 1500 characters. Apparently nobody has a complaint that should take longer...
17
17

What is it? Set 376
This week's set has been posted: http://55tools.blogspot.com/2011/02/set-376.htmlRob http://55tools.blogspot.com/2011/02/set-376.htmlRob
52
52

Re: Doonesbury
Pot, kettle.....
78
78

OT: Summer cottage
Some roof damage to our summer cottage: http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/SummerCottage.jpg
8
8

O/T: Welcome To Big Time Politics
Hello "Ding Dongs", AKA: Recently elected governors of Ohio (Kasich), Wisconsin(Walker) and Florida(Scott). You don't want high speed rail research projects in your states, no problem. The money you...
64
64

O/T: A Sign Of The Times
There are 5 for $10 T-Shirt stores all over SoCal announced with blazing signs across their building facades, "5 for $10". Haven't been in one for a couple of years and my supply of T-Shirts is...
8
8

shed design
Looking to build a "small shed" (8x10) to store excess wood/garden tools. While I have close to 2 acres, the most likely spots are a bit close to the house. I have a spot in mind, but as I've gone...
42
42

Re: O/T: Just For You
precondition before you can get that alimony-less support? I'm wondering why more don't take advantage of that? Or, maybe they do.
1
1

JB Weld
I picked up a an old carpenters toolbox recently from a Craigslist post because I saw a plane and a few braces in the picture. Nothing much to speak of but there was a low angle block plane with a...
39
39

Final chapter, jointer motor
Friends ... So here's the final chapter on my jointer motor replacement. Tractor Supply had a 2 hp compressor motor for $135. New pulley was $22. New wiring harness $5. Total $162. Runs great! Thanks...

Drill Press with Wheel instead of 3 handles
On every drill press I've seen and used, the drill head has been moved up and down by a 3 handled spindle. Moving it up and down large distances requires the use of two hands, one to keep the head...
27
27