Subject Author Posted Replies

Announcement: Build It! DC meeting 3/29
Build It! DC Presents Guest Speaker Brian Whaley DIY Harpsichord All ages are invited to join us on March 29, 2011 6:30-8:30 Location: Reverse Space, 13505 Dulles Technology Drive, Suite 3 (around...

Force Machinery closing
Any of you Dorkers in NJ been to the store since they announced they are closing? I received a few emails announcing the closing and was wondering if it might be worth the trip up there on Friday.

Switched to using vibration-free belts
I've been sprucing up my somewhat neglected machines. A new motor and pulley for the bandsaw made the old v belt unusable. I stumbled across the green vibration free belt on a trip to HF. They seemed...
2
2

Red Fox Pub carving.
Section of sign machined with cnc. The fox is HDU and the letters are 1/2" Corian with Gorilla glue laid on top for that 'nugget' effect. whole thing is coated in UV resistant FrogJuice.
36
36

Bench chisels
Looking to get a good set of bench chisels 1/4" - 1" to replace my old ones. Looking for recommendations. Thanks, Jim
26
26

OT/ Words of wisdom from military training manuals..
'If the enemy is in range, so are you.' - Infantry Journal- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 'It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the...
5
5

Minwax brushing lacquer
Choice of brush? Does reducing help flowout?
7
7

Glue for rubberized cork?
I am building up a grip with rubberized cork on top of wood. I have used titebond III for this before but sometimes there will be a spot that does not stick -- probably rubber on rubber. I am using...
7
7

OT. Free Shipping Lee Valley
March 18, 2011 to March 28, 2011
62
62

One-Two Punch for Southern Hospitality
Item 1: The city is cementing the coulee (stream) next to my shop. My Wild American Plum tree was within the work right-of-way, so it was felled (along with 7 oak trees), yesterday. I called Ralph, a...
2
2

Wood guitar pickguard
I'd like to try to make one. I've seen different procedures on websites. Some adhere the glue to plastic, some adhere a veneer to thin ply, and others sandwich several layers of veneer. Anyone have...
1
1

OT: Japan, before & after
Wipe cursor over pics to see before and after. Amazing: in Houston Trusted and independent source of local, national and world news. In-depth analysis, business, sport, weather and more.
7
7

Ping: RDJ
We had an exchange within recollection where you might have expressed an opinion about the rage for antibacterial, antigermicidal, hand-softening, skin-conditioning, karma-rectifiying, sanctified,...
3
3

Brass Hardware Sources?
I am talking to some folks who make small cabinets. They are a foot or two tall. Also some small chests that are about 18" square. They have had problems finding a good source of solid brass hardware....
8
8

OT Porter Cable Router $99.00 Amazon.com
Thought you guys might want to know of this deal. http://tiny.cc/alyja
75
75