Subject Author Posted Replies

O/T: About Beer
Thought you would like to know. Lew -------------------------------- Beer contains female hormones Last month, National University of Lesotho scientists released the results of a recent analysis that...
33
33

Bone-cutting Bandsaw Blades / Of any use in woodworking?
I've had to cut some beef bones many years ago and learned then about how hard they sre. Bone cutting bandsaw blades must be pretty tough. Is there anytime in woodworking when they would be the best...
2
2

4" number templates for router needed
What it is, the state building/fire codes require that the address number in front of a residence be in numbers at least 4" tall and 6" tall for businesses. So if I want to do an address sign I need...
23
23

Disc Sander Question
I just bought a Harbor Freight 10" Disc Sander. If I place a straight edge across the face of the disc, it's not flat. It is "higher" in the center of the disc, i.e. the straight edge rocks from side...
54
54

Visit to kenworthy-Carlisle house
I had the pleasure, a few days ago, of visiting this house, had horse business with the owner and I tagged along for the visit, I ask the owner if I could have a look around, she told me to do...
3
3

Identify this bandsaw
Can anyone identify this bandsaw and provide some info? It appears to be an older Delta. What do you think it's worth? Bottom left corner picture. Thanks
11
11

Bad Tool....
I use a bow saw for really rough cuts simply because it is so fast... Well, I bought a new one at Loews this past weekend and had to cut a 6 x 6... About 2" thru, the saw was binding and not stroking...
2
2

Grizzly 14" bandsaw and Carter stabilizer
I bought a Carter stabilizer for my bandsaw at a recent woodworking show. It helps you with small blades (e.g., 3/16th). It would not fit in the saw. (Well, it would have fit if I pounded on it.) I...
1
1

I like those Carbide.com people.
I will bitch and moan about bad products and bad service, but I also like to talk up the good guys. I have used over the last few years and I am, again, impressed with their service(s) and pricing. I...

Menards impression my .02
I remember threads about Menards awhile ago in this newsgroup and thought they left me with the impression that Menards was a bit better than Lowes, Home Depot, or other big box stores. One in my area...
6
6

What is it? Set 381
A new post has been added to the site:
24
24

Sold on Zinsser BIN !!!!!
Used it today on a customers kitchen cabinets and I won't buy any other Primer for wood again. It took a little getting use to because its so thin right out of the can. Had a few runs but after...
44
44

Phenolic/tung oil varnish?
I'm about to re-finish an exterior door. It has McCloskey spar varnish on it. I've "heard" that a phenolic/tung oil varnish would be the best finish but I'm wondering what brands I might consider. Any...
10
10

Check out this guy's homemade table saw!
This guy will only be able to count to ten for another day or two.
43
43

paint spray gun
I need suggestions on pain spray gun to use on oil and water based paint. I don't know anything about spray guns and would appreciate any hep you can give me. I have been looking on Amazon and the...
17
17