Bone-cutting Bandsaw Blades / Of any use in woodworking?

I've had to cut some beef bones many years ago and learned then about how hard they sre.

Bone cutting bandsaw blades must be pretty tough. Is there anytime in woodworking when they would be the best choice to use? Thick hardwood?

What kind of finish do they leave?

Reply to
kimosabe

I have used a meat blade and always thought they were better because of being thicker and not with the tendency to twist the cut the finish is not that good, but with more teeth, you may get a better cut. I always sand it down after cutting anyway on a bench belt sander, or with a fine rasp if it is a slot cut

Reply to
George W Frost

I would guess that they might be good for cutting teak, wenge and the like (species that rappidly dull blades).

Reply to
burtwitlin