Subject Author Posted Replies

magnetic switch
The magnetic switch on my Jet 3 HP cabinet saw shuts off randomly while the saw is in use. The inside of the switch is nearly spotless so it isn't a dust built up problem... I posted some photos in...
15
15

Creative Toothpicking
Sorry, this post is ON topic. Scott Weaver's "Rolling through the Bay" kinetic sculpture. mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself....
16
16

Inkling. Now THIS excites me.
On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 11:19:48 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy Understand what you're saying, just not sure I agree with all of it. At the young age of 57, I have enough experience behind me to have developed...
15
15

basic shed building Q
I'm about to build a 12' x 8' gambrel roof shed. I have some 4x4x8' PT for the skids. I was going to then put 5, 12' - 2x'4s spaces 24" OC atop those for the floor joists with an 8' 2x4 to cap off the...
21
21

Decent drill press- gotta cheap out here
Today my Delta DP 350 broke. Can't wait a week or two getting it fixed. I need a DP like, tomorrow. Is there anything I can buy at HD, Lowes, Sears, that doesn't cost a bunch that I might have any...
15
15

Quick Electrial Question
Then it's grounded though the water in the pipes. And the ground wire to the disposal. To get a shock you need a voltage _difference_. Not gonna happen with a garbage disposal full of water.
140
140

Resaw some 8/4 Cherry in Southern Arizona
I need to find a mill or the like to resaw some 8/4 Cherry. 6" to 12" wide. 6' to 12' long. Tried the usual such as Home Depot, Lowes and such. One place in Phoenix referred me to two places here in...
14
14

OT: Mother's funeral.
We buried mother today. I was in awe of the strength my nieces, daughter demonstrated in giving their eulogies. Me, I was just a blithering idiot. So much of my mother's strength has been passed on......
12
12

Softwood-to-hardwood treatments for hardwood.
Hello all, If the process used to make this fancy Accoya wood (basically, as I understand it, it pickles softwood to produce a hardwood-like wood which is claimed to be more durable than teak - or so...
13
13

Sketchup & iPad2 - exciting times!
I use an iPad2 daily in my business as a General Contractor, and in eWoodShop kitchen, cabinetry and furniture jobs. Many also know that I have also relied on Google Sketchup for a number of years for...
18
18

OT: Sometimes stuff hits me funny. Chapter?
Confused the rabbits?
15
15

What is it? Set 404
I need some help with two of the items this week:
24
24

New arrival
*che =ADcking...yup... You still suck... Awesome stuff that laminate. Check out Wilsonart's adhesive technologies, they are well ahead of the curve with their chemistry. That 3000 is insane, but...
7
7

Water in the basement
I have my shop in my basement. It's a small ranch, wish it was a walk out. Anyway, I have never had water in the basement before this weekend. It's a finished basement, sheetrock and insulation....
18
18

My next home/kitchen design setup?
SketchUp to a whole new level. LOL