OT: Mother's funeral.

We buried mother today. I was in awe of the strength my nieces, daughter demonstrated in giving their eulogies. Me, I was just a blithering idiot. So much of my mother's strength has been passed on... all for good. (Thank God, because being on mother's shitlist was avery bad thing.)

Now to enjoy some time with the remnants of my family.....

...then I'll be back to hound you sunsabiatches....hehehehe

Reply to
Robatoy

Enjoy the wake as best you can, celebrate her life. She must have been a wonderful lady, raised a very generous son.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

I've found that the older one gets the tougher it is to participate in the eulogies.

I watched that demonstrated this past weekend at funeral for a dear friend. I was content just being a pall bearer this time around.

Therein lie the real riches of life ...

Bring it on, Bubba!! ;)

Reply to
Swingman

------------------------------------- Enjoy.

We'll be waiting

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I found out today that my 92 year old uncle died yesterday morning. He became weak while walking somewhere and collapsed. When his knees hit the ground, it shattered 3 vertebra, a knee, and several ribs. He was then diagnosed with osteoporosis. Luckily, he lived a very healthy and happy life until this week. (My dad had all the heart surgeries and he skated.) Anyway, he came down with an untreatable (for him, in his state) pneumonia while in the hospital and they sent him home with a hospice team. He died the next day. I'll miss him, but I didn't see much of him since moving North. My aunt said they had made peace with it before he died. I'm glad.

We'll be ready for ya, ya Canooky bastid.

-- The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ahhhh..., a family of strong women.

How does it feel to be the wimp of the family? ;-)

That is the cycle of life. Many good friends I had when growing up are all gone now. You make new friends and grow your family. And life goes on.

Promises, promises...

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Mothers are too special to describe in words. Expressing emotions, for them, gives us the best perspective of just how special they are. Those kinds of emotions make us feel better, within ourselves, too, and we are individually better for having them. Yep, "Therein lie the real riches of life."

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

My sincere condolences. I hope you spend the time with your family celebrating her life rather than mourning her passing.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Robo, Only when one has lost their Mom can they understand the depth of the hole left behind. My deepest condolences to you and your family. Tom

We buried mother today. I was in awe of the strength my nieces, daughter demonstrated in giving their eulogies. Me, I was just a blithering idiot. So much of my mother's strength has been passed on... all for good. (Thank God, because being on mother's shitlist was avery bad thing.)

Now to enjoy some time with the remnants of my family.....

...then I'll be back to hound you sunsabiatches....hehehehe

Reply to
Tom B

One word: golumpkies.

I miss Mom (RIP, 1994).

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

We were sad during the ceremony but once we got back to our house, the mood lightened up and the stories came out. We then put mother's jewelry box on the table and each received a piece she had labelled. Then, with the use of coupons, we started a bidding war for the rest of the pieces. It was a blast. At one time, one of my nieces went 'all in' and the her sisters said, "well, if you want it that bad, just take it, keep your coupons..." It was fun...

Reply to
Robatoy

Then take some of that "strength" and apply it to relevant groups. Perhaps run your lazy ego thru a table saw while you're at it.

Reply to
Twayne

"Twayne" wrote in news:j4032e$j5u$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Uncalled for. If you can't stand sarcasm/cynicism or joking, run out of here.

Reply to
Han