Subject Author Posted Replies

Shellac Sticks
?prodid=LB-0260.XX - Jon Inman Plus many others if you plug "shellac stick" into Google Furniture Finishing and Repair. Jon Inman teaches the traditional art of doing "burn-ins" using shellac sticks...

Drying wood?
I cut a couple of 8' 6" long basswood logs in June of this year. I finally got them sawed into 4 X 4's and planks last week. I had not coated the ends of the logs with anything. Now, of course, there...
3
3

Brake Fluid Manufacturers
The group has diversified interest in Different fields from Petrochemical , to Automotive and Industrial Lubricants , Brake fluid and Antifreeze, Coolants, Greases and Real Estate in India =85 M/s...

Craftsman scroll saw Manual
I need a manual or a copy for a Craftsman Scroll Saw, Made in Tiawan, model 113.286940C. Will pay for copy and mailing. Thanks.....Dan J

Craftsman Radial Arm Saw Recall / Free Upgrade Kit (2024 Update)
This is old news for some guys. Sears will send you a free upgrade kit. Craftsman Radial Arm Saw Recall ?v=WgjxwvHf9To I made this video to show the before and after of the radial arm saw recall for...
71
71

Speaking of Compressors...
-------------------------------------- An excellent distribution system consists of a rectangular layout of 8" pipe with 4" pipe cross feeds. Typical pipe lay for a 60' x 100' building would be 40' x...
20
20

What is it? Set 411
This week's items have been posted: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
29
29

Norton 3X™
Is Norton 3X? Sandpaper of any special quality or capability? Just got an email that Lee Valley is selling it at a reduced rate and I was wondering if I should stock up on some.
6
6

OT: for all you fellow science geeks
the wrap. To make it on topic, you all could build this out of wood. -Zz "Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.
3
3

B.S. by Famiy Handyman magazine.
My recent issue arrived with a separate page explaining that "this is a special issue and that it will count as two of your subscriber issues, and the duration of your subscription will be adjusted...
43
43

Re: Rockwell 14 Band Saw
There are rubber "tires" on the wheels. They _may_ (or may not) be the problem; it may simply be out of alignment. After-market tires are available as well as from Delta if they do turn out to be the...
7
7

Lee Valley and Festool
Well, for those of you who haven't heard it, Lee Valley Tools will soon be stocking and setting Festool products. You can see the green Festool tab on their website page. Now, if we can get some of...
8
8

Grad Student Writing Paper on Branding and Looking for Opinions On Disston
To handsaws what Bailey was to planes.
19
19

Happiness in applying a finish
When you discover you are working on the last piece instead of the 3rd from last.
32
32

Grit of sandpaper to use between coats of poly?
Finishing the desktop I've mentioned elsewhere. I'm using very pedestrian s= tuff: MinWax Poly.=20 I made a test piece using the three types of wood that make up the desktop.= For the test piece, I...
5
5