Subject Author Posted Replies

fellow woodworker in trouble
"Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.
2
2

Hinge allignment...
Almost forgot the reason I fired up the 'Puter. When I install blind hinges, I have a tough time getting the alignment perfect. You can get one side installed, but how do you mark/drill the other side...
6
6

Need a Paint Sprayer...
Hi All, It's woodworking time again. Making some smaller bathroom free standing cabinets, and SWMBO wants Gloss White rather than the usual stain and wipe on oil stuff. So I need a sprayer. Ace has a...
10
10

Air compressor recommendations
I have occasional need for an air compressor and have been sharing a small unit with Number One Son. I use it mostly for brad nailing, once or twice a month. So I don't want to invest big bucks. I'm...
20
20

Rocking Chair
I am trying to contact Popular Woodworking, but their ad server is slow as molassas in January. On page 48 of the October 2011 issue of Popular Woodworking, there is a picture on a rocking chair. For...
5
5

Finishing grooves
I've just started making a bow case of red oak (which will go outdoors a lot) and will be floating the plywood top and bottom in ~1/8" grooves which I'll be finishing w/ gloss lacquer from a spray...
3
3

"Nibs" and raised grain
Having read some of the posts about the subject line I thought I would toss out my experience. Most of what I make gets a generous coat of Watco Danish oil after sanding to 320. After allowing as much...
22
22

"Rubbing Out"
Still working on my desktop, but I was away for the weekend and didn't get anything done (except the application of what should be the last coat). I've now got 5 coats of MinWax poly on it, the first...
29
29

Sanding small places - Thanks
Thanks everyone for your ideas, I appreciate it.

Adding external air tank to existing air compressor to give equivalent bigger tank
I have a low-end Harbor Freight 8 gallon air compressor that has many times over earned its $100 cost. However, there are times when I would like to have a larger air supply tank such as when I am...
31
31

just slightly off topic, but mostly on topic; Make-up air
Hey All, I just want to relate an experience I had yesterday in my basement woodshop. We have a three flue chimney with a coal stove in the basement (shop side) and our oil fired boiler which uses...
15
15

Home Depot Oak Ply - Shame on me.
That is pretty much normal results if you are using a water based product. That is typically not a problem with oil based.
8
8

Drawer Face Clearance
I'm making my first project with drawers and discovered I am clueless as to how much clearance is needed between the drawer face (the drawers are inset) and the frame. I did a mock-up with 1/8 inch,...
10
10

Rikon Bandsaw
Well, Woodcraft now has the Rikon 14" bandsaw on special and I am itching to get one. But, first, I'm not certain what I need one for. Presently I get all my little products done on a small Ridgid...
10
10

Question and pic on abpw
Need to sand bottoms of slots. Hopefull I can get your ideas. Thanks.
5
5