Subject Author Posted Replies

Amazing shop.
Years ago I saw this mans shop in a magazine. I was impressed back then. I just ran across his shop again in pictures, and video. The pics are better than the video. Simply amazing. Too crowded for...
15
15

small staples/gun
My neighbor has a little craft project she wants my help with. She showed me a little 5.5" square plaque made with 1/4" mdf. It had a little bevel edge treatment, painted, and a cutsie little saying...
8
8

transport of 16 foot 4x4's with stationwagon?
I'm hoping to be able to transport one or two 16 foot long 4x4's with my Ford Taurus stationwagon (with rack on top), but I'm not sure it can be done. Having them delivered is just too high of a cost...
80
80

coffins
Does any one have plans for a proper coffin (casket)or a tutorial or instruction manual. Not the plain square box type that you can find easily but a proper professional looking shaped one like you...
38
38

Steve Knight - coffin smoother?
Anyone hear from Steve Knight, or know if he's still making planes? JP
9
9

New Joint-Semi Gloat
Well guys, I pulled the trigger and grabbed the 12"SCMI jointer. Only had time to get it unloaded, set on a new mobile base and cleaned it up somewhat. Hopefully I will be firing it up on Monday after...

Nail Puncture
Reading the home remedies in one of the Foxfire Books, this is one of the remedies for when you all have a nail puncture. "Take a hammer and draw the nail out. Grease the nail and put it away...
1
1

A new emerging champion!
We seem to have got ourselves a new champion this side of the water. When Norm and the New Yankee Workshop was on the boob-tube, SWMBO would start yawning and start making comments about finding...
4
4

Leigh -- part II
Well, I finally got the jig set up with the usual amount of head scratching. I thought that the 8 mm collet reducer was missing, so that made for a 25 mile trip to the not-so-local Rockler shop....
1
1

Old chisels...quality steel?
I'm in the market for a couple of larger framing chisels, and I'm hoping to find them cheaper than the $100+ offerings from Sorby, Barr et al... I almost bought a Keen Kutter but it disappeared off of...
8
8

OT - But you folks are so helpful ...Gluing plastic
I bought a digital camera for my daughter a few years ago. It's a Canon point & shoot, but with a better than usual set of settable parameters: Shutter and Aperture priority, etc. It still works fine,...
14
14

What is it? Set 423
I need some help on the second one this week:
26
26

shocking dewalt planner
I have a new Dewalt dw735 portable planner that replaced a delta 22-560. Problem is every time I run a board threw and I touch the dust collector hoses (wire reinforced urethane) or the folding tables...
7
7

So talk to me about steel wool and wax...
Used several coats of Waterlox on oak (solid) and birch (ply). I was advised that applying paste wax with steel wool is a nice way to finish the process. So how do I do it? As a test, I applied some...
15
15

Great price on a great little drill
I have the Bosch PS31-2A and I think I paid around $130 for it. Amazon is currently selling it for around $109 with free shipping: recall a recent discussion where somebody had been looking at all the...
3
3