New Joint-Semi Gloat

Well guys, I pulled the trigger and grabbed the 12"SCMI jointer. Only had time to get it unloaded, set on a new mobile base and cleaned it up somewhat. Hopefully I will be firing it up on Monday after checking the beds out and run a couple pieces of red oak that I was saving for this moment (10-12").

I will prob use it as is until I need to resharpen the blades (well, maybe a bit longer, got a second set of blades just back from the shop), but still plan on changing cutterheads to a Byrd (when finances agree). I doubt that I could have gotten a better deal on another machine as I have been looking for a year going back and forth between used and new. Just couldn't justify

2500.00+ on a machine that will have limited use. At 950.00, I was able to justify but I might have to give up a Jet shaper that I have not turned on in a year...

Will post some pics next week as I start working on it

SteveA

Reply to
SteveA