3/8" Inset Hinge Question

Ready to mount some doors on a wine cabinet I'm making. I decided on a

3/8" inset hinge, but from the instructions, once I cut the rabbit, they just mount right on the surface.

This doesn't seem right to me, as the hinge side of the door will be spaced the thickness of the metal of the hinge, whereas the opposite side of the door will hit the face frame, and therefore won't be parallel to the frame. I take it this is normal??

Reply to
larrybud2002

Small felt or rubber bumpers? Magnet catch? either of these would take up the space.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf