23 Ga. Pin Nailer Advice

I'm getting ready to buy a 23 guage pin nailer. I have read several different and conflicting reviews about Senco, PC and Grex. Does anyone have any experience with these (or other brands worth considering)? Whether you have had good luck or bad, I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks, Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

I do not have experience with any pin nailers but I have been using a Senco finish nailer for about 16 years and have no complaints. It is more comfortable IMHO to the competition when considering apples to apples.

Reply to
Leon

i have the grex,it's more money than the others,but i feel it's worth it,will do up to 1-3/16" pins.i understand now they came out with a new model that will shoot up to 1-3/8" pins.

Reply to
woodarama

I have the Porter Cable model and it will not put the brad any deeper than flush with the wood so I still have to countersink it, otherwise I can see a shiny dot when I put on the finish. Other than that, it works smoothly.

Ronnie Aldrich

Reply to
shooter

I own the Porter Cable model and my only complaint is it will not sink the brad deeper than flush with the surface of the wood. I still have to countersink it. Otherwise it is very smooth working.

Ronnie Aldrich

Reply to
shooter

"Chuck" wrote in news:1135018901.334602.116190 @g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I bought a PorterCable last year and I tried everything to get it to set the pins below the surface of the wood. High air pressure and soft wood - still failed. I ended up sending it back and spending the money on something else. I've had my eye on the Grex pinners for a while and would probably go that way.

-G

Reply to
High Score

I have used my buddy's senco it works well. sinks them even in tropical woods. Knight-Toolworks

handmade wooden planes

Reply to
Steve knight