Subject Author Posted Replies

The headboard Job
I have been commissioned to build a headboard. It is being constructed with mahogany and is being stained with General Finishes Georgian Cherry. The basic design will be Federal. The main panel...
16
16

RE: O/T: Master Craftsmen
Every endeavor has it's masters. Today it was golf's turn to shine. The PGA championship was played this week end. The top players in the world competed and put on a clinic how the game should be...
14
14

OT: Comcast vent
Had a bit of trouble with my Comcast modem. Had to reset it once or twice a day. Called Comcast and they said they'd been having line problems and it would be fixed shortly. It wasn't. After 2 weeks...
13
13

ot ACCORDION REPAIR
This is way off topic but this was the only place I could think of to get some input I was just told there is a possibility that I could get my mother's accordion. It moved out of the family but...
7
7

RAS Top
I picked up a Dewalt 740 / 7740 RAS (the arm says 740, the base 7740). It needs a new top, but I expected that. I'm planning on using 3/4" MDF with a melamine coating. I haven't decided whether to try...
5
5

Trimming The Bottoms Of Doors
Hi, Does any of you know of a jig I can use to cleanly trim the bottoms off several interior doors? They are custom made, hardwood, and weigh a ton each. The builders cut the tolerances too close;...
10
10

RE: Lew's Brine
It's the height of the grilling season and things have been a tad slow here on the wrec, so will offer the following. The wood content is that the grill is cleaned using my 4" wide red oak grate...
13
13

April fools in August??
Just got an email for a tool that must be a joke... would you really need a tool like this?
7
7

salvaging hardwood floors ?
Hello, Is it possible to salvage old strip hardwood flooring to use again for hard wood flooring ? I am about to start a remodel project and looking for some cost cutting mea sures plus I hate seeing...
26
26

seeking advise
looking for advise on this set of router bits.......have opportunity to buy set of 50 bits.....they are 1/2 inch mostly Whiteside, but some are Freud......asking price is $300.00
11
11

Rigid Miter Saw Fence not straight
Imagine a very shallow "V". I noticed while cutting some 2 x 2's. Put a straight edge on it and the inner portion of both sides is about 1/8 inch back from the straight edge. So far I haven't found...
15
15

wall fastener
OK, time for a (gasp!) woodworking topic :-). I'm about finished building 7 bookcases for our library in the family room. I want to fasten them to the wall for safety. The standard angle brackets...
12
12

Ping Leon: Sewing Desk painting
While admiring your most recent project I had another look at the the sewing desk. A friend of mine, who has evidently overestimated my abilities, asked me for advice about building some white...
2
2

Ping Lew Hodgett
I've been using glass & epoxy to effect some repairs. One surface was very irregular so the plan was to trowel on thickened epoxy, smooth on the glass squeezing out any thickened epoxy then add...
7
7

The latest completed project
Well not the latest, the next to last. The same customer hired me to fill one of her closets with shelving. Anyway this was for a customer that needed more storage spac4e in her kitchen. The piece is...
11
11