.15mm end grain veneer the Japanese way

http://www.youtube.com/embed/hjhTbePvyXc

On 3/31/2014 2:33 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:

And that is a true craftsman at work.
Nice, I will never achieve that level. That is just beautiful work.
--
Jeff

Mother had a jewel box like that - just not as fancy. Fewer 'atoms' in the design and likely on the road to this type.
Nice to see how it was made.
Thanks, Martin
On 3/31/2014 2:16 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

I am speechless. Frick'n Wow!
--
Jim in NC

Morgans wrote:

Picture is worth a thousand words! He's got this "woodworking thing" bad! ; )
On 3/31/2014 4:40 PM, Bill wrote:

Gives anal a whole new degree of reference.
Leon wrote:

The box is pretty nice too...I mean really. I wouldn't mind see how he applies and trims the veneer around the top edge, for instance. Whether he might do something besides the "vacuum" method?
I'm up to 4x on the video...
On 3/31/2014 7:23 PM, Bill wrote:

make it more flexible and manageable.
On 3/31/2014 1:33 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:

Gorgeous. The Japanese apparently invented "sharp" eons ago.
Like most Japanese joinery/woodworking, a major requirement appears to be the ability to sit cross legged on the floor ... unfortunately, gonna have to pass on that requirement alone.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 3/31/2014 3:15 PM, Swingman wrote:

No kidding. I was half surprised his feet were not involved..
On 3/31/2014 4:15 PM, Swingman wrote:

I think they were the ones that invented "scary sharp", long before it showed up here.
The metal in that plane must be something really special.
Spalted Walt wrote:

--
 GW Ross

 Danger! **Attention Span Exceeded!**
Swingman wrote:
Like most Japanese joinery/woodworking, a major requirement appears to be the ability to sit cross legged on the floor ... unfortunately, gonna have to pass on that requirement alone. ---------------------------------------------------------------- That's why chiropractors exist.
DAMHIKT
Lew
On Monday, March 31, 2014 8:33:49 AM UTC-10, Spalted Walt wrote:

That was incredible-thanks for sharing.