Subject Author Posted Replies

Drum Sanders -- Performax vs Steel City
Thanks for the input on the Grizzly drum sander ... I have decided against it. And have moved on. The Performax appears to be solid with no huge pitfalls. But I am wondering about the Steel City...
7
7

Convert model w/snake, to non-snake?
Hello I have a (Dremel-manufactured) Craftsman variable rotary tool, model #572-251471. It has the snake already attached and it is somewhat annoying. I would like to install the collar & collet to...
4
4

Re: we are selling nokia n92 at $180usd, n93 at $200usd, n80 at $130usd
No, you are spamming a woodworker's group with a changing address. Go Away.

miter jig
I'm looking for the plans for a jig for fine tuning miter cuts after they have first been cut on the table saw. I saw,and can't remember where, a jig that used an iron from a plane. Does that sound...
12
12

bother
Don't you love it when .... Neighbour commissioned a sink benchtop; they are supplying the timber. Small job, easy, right? First timber they come up with was sappy Rimu 9"x3/4", full of borer it...
3
3

Doll wardrobe plans
Anyone have plans for doll wardrobes, with the dolls being 18" high? I can design my own, but would go faster if there was already something. John
2
2

INSPIRATION - Wooden Tub
It doen't really look that hard, except for the corners, they'd probably be tricky. Of course, you could do it the easy way, just laminate up a big block, then carve it out with a belt sander. JOAT...

Bench Grinder Tool Rest
Hi all, I'm looking into getting a tool rest for use with my bench grinder. Has anyone used or heard about the following tool rest? Grinder Tool Rest Right now, they are offering the tool rest with...
2
2

Finishing Driftwood
Hi, I am new to this group. I am happy to be here as I have read many posts and there seem to be many friendly and extremely knowledgable people. QUESTION: I have a piece of driftwood that has some...
2
2

Sacrificial Fence Clamps?
Anyone got a link to a retailer that sells the clamps that hold a sacrificial fence to your table saw fence? They're like C-clamps, only one end is just a round piece of steel that slides into a hole...
2
2

Whoa!
We worked as election workers last election day. Our polling place was the local firehouse. They had an 8" Milton vise on the bench. I thought I wanted one. I looked it up on Google. Whoa! I think I...
22
22

Git yer free money!!!
So it is a slow day, I have been researching lost and unclaimed bank accounts. I'm making money, but for other people. So far I have found three bank accounts of my Father's uncle totalling close to...

Woodworkers Mecca?
There are places that woodworkers hope to visit before they die, preferably long before they die so there's time to make some pieces based on inspirational/stolen ideas. For the Greene & Greene / Arts...
12
12

Double finishing/protection necessary?
A couple of times I've seen Norm (genuflect) give a project a coat or two of finishing oil and THEN suggest that a couple coats of polyurethane on top of that wouldn't go amiss. Somehow that just...
21
21

What is it? CXLV
And if everyone did that, they'd reduce the limits until people didn't. Here in the US, the speed limit is the legal maximum but the moral minimum.
75
75