Subject Author Posted Replies

Routers
Hey Guys, I'm new to woodworking, recently retired and confused. I want to buy a router and theres a million of them out there. What do you guys recommend for "A New, Old Guy" Thanks----Howie
17

Should I go the other way H vs V
A while back I had trouble finishing a table top with Varnish over BLO (tiny bubbles in my finish, makes me feel sad). With help from the wreck I got it right by thinning the varnish more and applying...
3
3

How do I use my planer jointer properly?
I bought an old cast iron Craftsman 6 1/8" planer jointer (three blade) last week. I bought new blades and installed them. I have them set to be the same height as the bed. Now, at the blades, the...
6
6

Ply thickness for laminating curve
Hi! I am going to be making some curved arms for a morris chair and will be laminating these to create the curve. The arc will be about 36" long and have a height of about 3" at the center if laid...
2
2

Rebuild Infeed Rollers for Makita Model 2030 Planer Jointer
The infeed rollers on my Makita Planer Jointer have turned to mush. They are soft and sticky and must be replaced. To buy new replacements costs about $400 which is just too much so I am looking from...
2
2

Is it Okay to post For Sale
Is it okay to post for sale items related to woodworking on this group?
12
12

thicknessing MDF - rough on planer blades?
I've a ton of 3/4" termite barf and I was wondering if anyone has thicknessed this on their planer. I'm assuming the final results are fine, based on how well the stuff routes, but how hard is MDF on...
3
3

This Week's Box
Another week, another box........ http://www.loyno.edu/~cbmarsh/spaltedmaplebox.htm
3
3

I love my Ridgid random orbit sander
I bought a Ridgid ROS last year, but didn't get around to using it for anything until now. Wow. I never thought the dust collection thing would actually do anything, but the dust didn't fly into the...
7
7

Krenov Pondering Caption Contest in a.b.p.w.
Check out the picture and come up with a caption for it. charlie b

Vicmarc mini lathe FS VL100
I am selling my Vicmark mini lathe that has never been used. I bought it 2 or 3 years ago. It is similar to the Jet and Delta mini lathes but the quality is better. I am also including a new motor,...

hose for dust collector system
I have a 2 hp Jet dust collector...my first...there are two 4" intakes on the unit....is it best to run 4" hose around the small shop rather than 3"...etc...and when dropping to a tool...should you...
6
6

pony clamp question
I am clamping a number of 24W x 42L slat panels made up of 10 each 2 1/4" by 5/16" thick slats. I am figuring on 4 pony bar clamps per panel using a 1" square wood piece on each side to help spread...
3
3

REVIEW_ TS-Aligner Jr.
Definitely. I think it will get used frequently in my shop!
13
13

mixing shellac
How long should it take shellac to disolve in alcohol? I've mixed them together, and have waited about 1/2 hour and the flakes are still pretty whole at the bottom of the bottle.
11
11