Subject Author Posted Replies

Retarding white glue...?
Howdy, I have some vague recollection that the addition of vinegar will retard the setup of white glue. Is that correct? Is there another, or better way? This is, by the way, for a very low strength...
7
7

Lie-Nielsen or Veritas
It's time I buy a good plane. I need it for fitting doors to openings, drawers to openings, and the like. I don't need one for surfacing large areas. What size would you suggest? I'm leaning towards a...
48
48

cnc milling machine
hello every one i am looking to purchase a milling macine has anyone ever used a milling machine to cut wood with i know that the speed is only 3000rpm if anybody has one please email me i would like...
8
8

uhmw strips
I am using uhmw strips for the runners on a t/s sled. How would you join them to the wood base? I was thinking of using some kind of epoxy glue. Do I also use small nails or screws? Patt
14
14

Old Craftsman Circular Saw: Model 207.2560
Trying to identify age, value & etc for Sears & Roebuck model 207.2560. Is there a forum or group to go to for help? Thanks, Chas
1
1

Japanese plane: photographic misadventures
I've just started retrying to master the Japanese plane, and I have some photos of my misadventures here: 'd be interested to hear any comments, suggestions or even criticisms from experienced people.
19
19

I lost the Sherman Williams lacquer information
Not too long ago I posted a question and this newsgroup asking about spraying lacquers that would have superior water resistance. Several posters were kind enough to suggest a Sherman Williams...
2
2

Translucent Black staining technique
Hi, I'm looking for some insight into how to achieve this 'translucent black' finish on this guitar: finish is on maple wood and I think its just so interesting. I have no idea what sort of stain is...
30
30

Bessey Duoklamp
I just picked up a Bessey Duoklamp from the blueborg tonight. It was an impulse purchase, but I've got a feeling I'm really going to like this clamp. It feels much better in the hand than the...
1
1

glues
what is the best glue for wood scale models?
14
14

Add Table Extension to Sears Contractor Saw
I tried adding a removable table extension to my Craftsman Contractor Saw (OUTFEED) with some success. But I would like a removable extension. Has anyone seen such an extension - home brew or...
14
14

Way The Heck Off Topic
Hey Guys: Just got a call today for something pretty cool. Has absolutely nothing to do with woodworking - unless I leverage the fact that I'll be using my sawhorses on the project. So - apologies up...
15
15

Unintentionally discovered a woodworking tip.
Well, sort of. It involves loading and unloading plywood and stock from a trailer. Last night I completed the last step of the shop move: moving all the unused plywood, maple, hickory, and other...
12
12

Bandsaw resawing question
Well I could just experiment, but as there seems to be a vast amount on knowledge and experience here. I am going to resaw some of the walnut cut offs to make some boxes. I have a Delta wood and metal...
5
5

Glass for a wood rdisplay
more nonsense. Rounding. And I cite: With all rounding schemes there are two possible outcomes: increasing the rounding digit by one or leaving it alone. With traditional rounding, if the number has a...
79
79