Subject Author Posted Replies

Cutting molding - round
Is it possible to cut a curved piece of molding, say for an arch? If so, can I do it with a run of the mill router and how?
4
4

Stolen Wood-Mizer mill
From SWMBO, who works for Wood-Mizer: We have a mill reported stolen 456C624175NFJ8707 LT40HDSG36 7/05 This mill is having an intermittent RPM problem Contact: Kevin Kaster 503/829-4167 Molalla,...

"melting" shellac
A friend of mine collects old fountain pens. Frequently the barrel and the nib are sealed with shellac. He needs to soften and remove the shellac to restore the pen. The barrels may be of wood or...
6
6

What is it? CXLVIII
This week's set has just been posted: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
17
17

A GOOD Shop Vac?
Can you recommend a good shop vac for an at-home puttering type not a pro............price a consideration too!
23
23

Blades for a 12 ½ Delta Planer
I did not want to post this with the Dewalt blades. Here In Canada the average retail cost of a set for a 12½" Delta planer is $39.99 CAD for a set of two. I only wish I could locate a supply source...
6
6

The Stanley 92
Was in Woodcraft today. Had been thinking about a shoulder plane for a while. Didn't really want to spend for a Lie-Nielsen and would like to see the Veritas before buying, so I was on the fence....
8
8

Blades for Dewalt 735 planer
Looking for (cheaper) blades than those from Dewalt. Other sources??
4
4

I got my TS switch apart, it's worse...
Anyone familiar with the inside of this type of switch may be able to help me out. The wiring, switch, and thermal overload reset switch is surrounded by a plastic housing. Got that off. Then...
14
14

TS-Aligner group deal?
At the risk of starting another mud slinging contest; did anyone ever take Ed up on his TS-Aligner group deal? I'd be happy to take one or two off your hands. TIA.
3
3

Inca 570 motor mounts for sale
I bought an Inca 570 Jointer/planer last summer. When it arrived here on the west coast from Canada, the motor mount was broken. Jesse at Eagle tools didn't have any, and both his and my search came...

Re Cross-slide Vise on Mortiser
I did it with a HF 6" slide vise and I love it. Much faster. WOODWEB's Professional Furniture Making Forum - Message

Is there a tool to control depth of hand drilling?
Without having a drill press is there an attachment you can put onto a hand drill to control the depth of the hole? Also what are drill bits called that can create a cyclinder hole, for a CAM? So the...
9
9

The Pointy Stick Compendium Project Has Moved To A New Server
Due to a "miscommunication" with Comcast - what a surprise! - The Pointy Stick Compendium Project, along with the rest of my woodworking site, VANISHED. Knowing how valuable this resource is to Pointy...
10
10

RIDGID TP1300LS PLANER BLADES
Does anyone have a good online source to order these from?
6
6