Subject Author Posted Replies

REVIEW - Triton Belt and Disc Sander - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Greetings, We have just completed a review of the Triton Belt and Disc Sander combo machine. You can read the review online now at Hope it helps! Have a great, safe, and happy Xmas and New Year!...

gage block accuracy
What's the difference between +- .001 and +- 10 minutes?
21
21

Stanley Plane
My father found a in his garage and gave it to me, he wasn't sure where it came from but he knows its been laying around for at least 20 years. The plane looks like this one: (also posted abpw) Since...
12
12

Bandsaw: Grizzly G0555 or Craftsman 22401?
My wife wants to buy me MY FIRST bandsaw for Christmas, so I'm trying to decide between the Grizzly G0555 or the Craftsman 22400. Both are 14" models, have a 13.5" distance to the frame, cast iron...
20
20

Buffing Pad
Does anyone make a buffing pad for a ROS? Just seems like a good idea but have no idea if it would work.
5
5

Interesting dovetail jig
On the cover of the December 2006 woodworker's journal, there is a picture of a PC 890 router atop an interesting dovetail jig. The adjustable fingers on the jig are straight from a Leigh D4R. It even...
5
5

No VOC containing lacquers in New York State?
I posted recently looking for a water resistant sprayable lacquer. Several of you highly recommended a Sherman Williams CAB Acrylic Lacquer. I went to the Sherman Williams web site, located the...
7
7

Commercial: circular saws and carelessness
Mafell's idea of what can happen when you don't pay enough attention: funny but also a bit creepy.
2
2

in praise of mobile bases
I'm certain this has been posted before but here's another great example of how much fun a mobile base can be. My Dad was helping me during a production run of planing 32 boards, 6 inches by 6 feet,...
1
1

Dark Stain
I'm getting ready to build some barrister's bookshelves. I would like to have the final color very dark, possibly with a dark red tint. I usually work in red oak but would never be able to get the...
8
8

Making An Oak Desktop Smooth
Hi and Happy Holidays, I love the look of oak but its surface is a little rough for a writing surface. How do you get a smooth surface from it? A heavy, clear coating that can be smoothed? Thanks,...
8
8

Making (sewing notions) drawers with clear plastic faces
If I were to make a huge cabinet to store all of the sewing motions kicking around the house, and I would want to use clear plastic drawer fronts, what would be the correct way to mount these flat...
8
8

Off Topic FS
Christmas has come early, therefore for $300 OBO BT3100-1 table saw... The saw has been used only by me as a WW hobbyist. The sliding miter fence has a couple of "nicks" (learning process:)", and the...
4
4

Ridgid jointer?
I do acrylic (plexi) fabrication. I edge the sheet with a Delta Shopmaster bench top jointer. It has two knives and does a good job. It does leave fine perpendicular mill marks on the edge that are,...
4
4

Delta 14" band saw dust collection
I searched Google for some info on dust collection for my saw. Not much luck. Anyone know of a better set up than the factory small port? Max
19
19