Buffing Pad

Does anyone make a buffing pad for a ROS? Just seems like a good idea but have no idea if it would work.

Reply to
Fred

Bosch sells one for sure, and of course, 6" varieties for disk sanders abound and can be tied on a 5" ROS. They work.

There's not much point in using them for wax in my opinion, though they rottenstone a finish to a scratchless fair-thee-well.

Reply to
George

Reply to
J. Clarke

work.

if the above doesn't work. I've also seen similar at auto parts stores in the car washing supplies section. I actually bought one at my local Ace hardware for maybe $7 - it came with a rubber disc with drill mandrel, and I mounted it in my DP to buff wax on small parts, but it would be easy to take it off and put it on the ROS. Good luck, Andy

Reply to
Andy

work.

I had a couple of those for my Bosch sander and never could get them to stay together for very long. I wound up buying a LOW end slow speed dedicated polisher and it works like a champ.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Go to GriotsGarage.com. Get either the wax or polish bonnet. However, you'll need a pad to put between the (velcro) sander pad and the bonnet to keep the bonnet on and to provide some padding. They sell at least two types of pads, one for polishing and one for waxing. Of course all this is for automotive purposes.

I use a bunch of their stuff for detailing my car. It works well.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Egan