Subject Author Posted Replies

Famed woodworker comes to Corvallis (Corvallis Gazette-Times)
They don't make them like they used to, or so the saying goes. That is especially true in the world of woodworking, which is something of a dying art form in the United States. === Naked Angel Art

Bosch 1617EVS speed problem
While I was using my Bosch router today, model 1617EVS, I noticed that the sound of the router was varying both in use and when simply turning. I'm thinking the speed is not staying on the one I've...
1
1

ATV - PDF
Not sure just what I was looking for when I came across this. Certainly nothing even remotely connected. It uses wood, of course. JOAT I have anal glaucoma. I can't see my ass going to work today.

Basic set for woodworking?
Hi eveyone, what's your advidces about a basic set to cover all the main needs of a woodworker? I thought about a drill, a workbench, clamps (but don't know how many) a tableclamp, a jigsaw, a sander...
16
16

Not a Gloat
Neil, I can remember as a little kid going to Racine to visit cousin Noel Fonk and family. The big memory was coming over a bridge approaching Racine and passing a building with the Case eagle on top....
8
8

So, do I need to adjust my trunnions?
Will, I had the same problem but to a much lesser degree on my Delta contractor's saw. I elongated the mounting holes and still couldn't get it right-on. That's when I noticed the problem wasn't the...
14
14

Osborne EB3 miter guide opinion wanted
Not stable at all in the 45 degree setting. Besides, if it's good enough for Nahm . . . You have to show your sponsors products.
9
9

Pretty cool sander
I can see this toyH^H^H^tool making its investment back pretty quick. Standars 5" PSA discs... no specialty discs to buy.. That's pretty cool. The dust collection looks to be effective too. And I bet...

Good deals for power tools at Home Depot?
Anyone took advantage of the $500 instant off for purchase over $2,000 for power tools at Home Depot a few days ago?

Question about thin sheets of pine
Well, I wouldn't necessarily need 2'x4' sheets, although that would be a good size to cut down. I considered using thin plywood with solid pine moulding, but they chew so much that the moulding...
18
18

question for Stoutman and others- bed making
My bed that I built, from Cherry, doesn't have seperated slats per se. Instead they form a solid panel using T&G so I really had no choice but to put dado's in the top and bottom rails to accept the...
6
6

FA: Rockwell 15" Drill Press
Really clean Rockwell 15" Floor Model Drill press, locted in Mesa, AZ Starting at $1.00 and no reserve. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120108960046...

Where to Buy Delta Unisaw.....
Lew Hodgett wrote in news:W2EUh.22006$PL.17170 It also pales in significance over the years you will likely own and use such a machine... Patriarch
16
16

Festool T55 Plunge Cut Saw Deal Breakers & a Neener
If you work with sheet goods the Festool T55 plunge saw, with edge guide, seems like a great idea - albeit an expensive one. Lay the guide's zero clearance edge ON THE LINE (rather than some offset...
22
22

cutting board
You do really nice work, Stout. The colour contrasts are lovely. That'll be one of my future projects, and I hope I can do something half as lovely. Tanus
10
10