10" table saws

I'm buying a new table saw and will use it for building cabinets, small furniture, and picture frames, etc. Not professionally, just as a doe yourselfer and for friends. This is my first table saw, but I've used some older craftsman table saws owned by friends.
I'm considering the craftsman 24830. Does anyone have this saw or can you contrast it with a grizzly or other comparable saw? http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid924830000
thanks and feedback much appreciated.
SK

id924830000
upgraded used Craftsman for half the price. Give that some thought.) But... unless you are limited to 13a, the motor seems a bit small.
If you are a member of their craftsman club, or whatever they call it, you can periodically get a discount on it.
Toller said:

From the picture it looks like a left-tilt. Is this correct?
Greg G.
On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 06:37:39 -0500, Greg G. Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:
snip

IIRC, all c-man TS's are left tilt,,,not sure about the cabinet saw they sell
Traves W. Coppock <newsgroups-AT-farmvalleywoodworks-DOT-com> wrote:

You recall incorrectly. My dad had a Craftsman contractor, from the early 60s, that was right tilt.
Don't own a Craftsman table saw or Grizzly so I've got no way to do a comparison and I don't know what kind of responses you are going to get. However, keep in mind that there is a lot to be said for being able to go to the nearest Sears if there are problems with the machine as opposed to dealing with someone you can't confront face to face, not to mention that whole shipping back and forth thing..
Just a thought
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

snip
i would advise you against the model you showed only to say, if you buy that one, you are limited on the router you may attach to the router wing. . . only craftsman will fit, unless they drastically changed that recently. that said, the main saw is great, i own one and have had it for about two years. once you set it, and tune the thing up a bit,,,you'll be real happy im sure.
flames be damned, i love my C-man TS
hehe
Traves
I picked up a used Jet contractors saw with a home built cabinet under it, a 52" Vega utility fence, several throat plates, the original Jet Fence, and the finger saver pusher for $350.00 early this fall.
I replaced the belt, both bearings on the arbor, put a WW II blade on it, and spent a while aligning it up.
I'm in it about $500 with all that. You will have to buy a blade for the craftsman so factor that in. The wreck here says the Frued Glueline blades and their crosscut blades are very good for less money than the WWII, but I find myself always wondering.. I wonder how the WWII would have cut this. On the purple heart I am ripping now, the edge is definetly _better_ than handplaning due to the plane pulling up reversing grain and the table saw does not.
Alan
Great input. Thanks to all that responded.
SK