Wrong one, b....r

Just drove 25 miles to get a 10mm lock-shield valve (amongst other things). Got home to find it's a 15mm one. B....r Should have gone to Toolstation.

How can I adapt a 15mm lock-shield for 10mm pipe (prettily, without a

10 to 15 fitting)?

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

All my valves on a 10mm system use 15mm valves with the tails between valve and floor being of 15mm pipe as I think they look better .I don't see how you can use 10mm piping without either doing what I have done or using a 10-15 fitting( or buying a 10mm one)...what's wrong with 10-15 fittings anyway ?

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

In article , TheOldFellow writes

A 15mm to 10mm reducing set will do the job, they replace the 15mm olive and seal on the 10mm pipe and the 15mm fitting faces when the original nut is tightened. Usually in 3 parts with a mild Krypton factor moment when working out how they go together. Code 9037 on

or from any plumbers' merchant.

Reply to
fred

With a solder 10F-15M fitting, all the 15 part fits inside the valve/nut and you don't see any of it anyway, so I don't see a problem either, unless it's just getting hold of one.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Don't see how that is much better than soldering on a fitting reducer at 12p each ( BES 6787 I think) . A couple of my rads have them and you can hardly notice them but I still prefer to solder on a length of

15mm between rad and floor and means you don't have to try and get the 10mm exactly straight . .
Reply to
Usenet Nutter

"Usenet Nutter" wrote

No soldering required with a simple reducing set, nor the requirement of buying any 15mm pipe.

Reply to
Davey

A...

Reply to
PeterC

Maybe so but it's just another option for the OP so now he has three.

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Yeah, it's a 50 mile round trip. Our bridges are all still out after the floods in November. R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

The solution (which didn't need the 50 mile round trip drive to replace the valve, or buy a reducer - or the wait till Monday when Screwstation or Toolfix might deliver) was to check my scrap pile. A

10mm valve found - just needed a new olive, so the 15mm one goes to 'stock'.

I was prepared to bodge a bit of 15mm pipe to a 10mm tail with strips of copper and plenty of solder I think it could have been done.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Eh? Thought you wanted it to be pretty !!

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

You have not seen my wiped solder joints!

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow