Worcester Combi - Timer Get's Stuck

The timer on my combi-boiler is not a digital display - it's an old mechanical dial. There are four 'triggers' (2 on - 2 off) around the dial so I can set the heating to to come on twice (if selected) in any

24hr period.

When it's time for the heating to come on the dial (which up until this point has kept time fine) gets stuck - as though the triggers themselves are preventing the dial moving on into the change of state. If I apply a bit of pressure to turn the dial, once it clicks past the trigger the heating comes on fine - it just needs to be forced. But this obviously defeats the object of a timer (I could just as easily switch the heating on/off using the 24hr setting).

We'll be moving out of the house over the coming months (so suggestions of getting myself a modern boiler will be politely ignored....), but until then, I'm not sure how much more whinging I can put up with from my girlfriend when the heating hasn't come on in the morning.

It's a Worcester 9.24.

If anybody knows of anything that may be worth trying on the boiler I'd be very grateful - otherwise I'll be tempted to apply for that "Wife Swap" tv program.

Cheers

Reply to
young lad

Some WD40?

If that doesn't work you could swap the timer, but it would probably be cheaper to leave it set permanently on and to connect up a programmable thermostat (30quid-ish from Screwfix).

That would mean some wiring though, so if you're moving out you might not want to bother.

Ben.

Reply to
ben

I replaced the mechanical one with a Horstmann Digital from Screwfix - Centaur C27 - £27. Dead easy.

John

In message , young lad writes

I'd try a SMALL amount of grease first

Reply to