Wood worm

Not long in the house but it had a wood worm cert. Firm no longer in business but the wee beasties are!
It's a small cottage but any rough ideas on cost and is it worth paying more to a big named company or will a local operator be just as good?
Thanks,
Dave

spraying wood with woodworm fluid. If the beasties are back, then it implies they were never sprayed in the first place. It doesn't take much skill to operate the spraygun, therefore the local firm will probably be cheaper to use as they are not paying out for large marketing and sales teams. regards john
Paul C. Dickie wrote:

No, you are wrong, he is right. In winter teh relative humidity inside a house drops to an all time low as cold air is heated, it loses humidity.
This time of year, is the peak time for internal humidity, as by buckling wood floor testifies :( Must put and expansion gap there - its too big a run) :(
Of course when you have a situation where internal moist air is hitting cold uninsulated stuff - e.g. a roof - then the reverse is true, and that may be what you were thinking of...

In continental Europe or the USA it does, but in England, our winters aren't very cold, yet are still damp.
I'm in Bristol, in a centrally heated Victorian terrace with no significant draughts or damp problems, and I have temp and RH monitors all over the house. My winter indoor RH is about 70%. In the workshop I can reach 100% RH in January.
On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:28:25 +0100, Andy Dingley

fog or sweat from your labours? ;O)
Take Care, Gnube

Not sweat - I can't bear to be out there for much of the year 8-(
It's a single layer clear PVC corrugated roof. For the worst of the winter it's too cold for the humidifiers to get the total humidity down during the day, yet I get condensation under the roof at night. Total PITA.....
For rustproof tool storage, I now have an electric wardrobe with heaters inside.

geoff

Andy Dingley wrote:

Well that is bristol for you - warm and wet!
Seriously, here in east anglia, the RH goes way down in winter cxost teh heating is on. In summer water will drip of the incoming mains pipe at the slightest provocation. I estimate well over 90% RH.