wirless door bell battery

What is it about doorbells? People happily run in cables for TV, AV equipment, computers, phones, etc but want a doorbell to be cordless?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Many PBAXs and keyphone systems have a doorphone option that includes, ringing, 2-way speech, and unlocking.

Reply to
Graham.

Not many homes have a PABX?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's simple in our case. The house came pre-wired for TV (terrestrial and satellite), telephone, burglar alarm, even some network cabling, so all the wiring is completely hidden. But there was nothing for a doorbell, and no way to install cabling through the UPVC frame etc. without it being unsightly. A wireless doorbell was the obvious solution, and in five years has been completely trouble-free (changed the batteries once).

Richard.

Richard Russell

Nowadays I think Joe Public wants all the above to be cordless and regards cables as "old hat".

Reply to
Andy Burns

A friend has one of these:

measures the voltage under typical load for the cell type and displays a percentage charge remaining.

I decided I'd rather buy 30 quid's worth (ie hundreds) of assorted button cells on eBay and occasionally replace one that might be OK.

Reply to
Reentrant

down ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I don't know about other makes but on our system, whilst the bell-push is battery powered, the receivers plug into a 13 Amp socket.

As we have very thick walls, you have to be a little careful in positioning the receivers where they can get a signal.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Try and keep up; Bob has posted about his Asterix system on many occasions.

Reply to
Huge

But I still haven't found an inexpensive doorphone box. May have to make one.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Panasonic make a really cheap thing. Its just a loudspeaker and a button as far as I can tell.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Some manuafactures, such as Friedland, have kits with different wireless ranges (up to 200m) which suggests that some models have more powerful door push transmitters, or more sensitive receivers, or operate on a different frequency.

Reply to
alan

Any details? Needs to have a call button and be weatherproof.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Only works on Panasonic PBX with a doorphone interface.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

YHM at initials at tavi - is that address still current?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Paging Mr Eager ...

Owain owain curlyat stirlingcity period ee yew

Reply to
Owain

Sorry, yes. Been a bit busy. Will reply later today!

Reply to
Bob Eager