Door Bell

Long run 3rd floor 30m need a wired door bell that will work ok over this type of run mains or battery but not with buzz bar transformer.

Oyeah with a ding dong sound.

Chris

Reply to
Joker7

Hi , Go cordless .

Regards,

Micky. Leeds UK.

Reply to
Micky Savage

What about wireless? Is that possible in your situation?

Ed

Reply to
Ed

So which ones have you looked at and where? I bet you want someone to buy it, install it and sit by it listening so they can tell you when it rings. Stop being lazy.

Reply to
Clive

Tie a piece of string around your big toe and then hang it outside your window down to the door. Every time someone calls they'll be able to let you know . Problem solved !?!

Reply to
Ash

To restore balance to the world Clive wrote in gq3hub$sp6$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net

Stop being a ass*&le if you knew your ass from your elbow you would know most wired doorbell will only work over a distant of around 12m.With this in mind I ask the question !

Chris

Reply to
Joker7

To restore balance to the world Ash wrote in snipped-for-privacy@eclipse.net.uk

:)

Reply to
Joker7

To restore balance to the world Micky Savage wrote in snipped-for-privacy@bt.com

Wireless will not work in the building for some reason, maybe to much steel?

Reply to
Joker7

I used to own a shop that had living accommodation at the back. We had a doorbell that was 24v mains supplied via transformer but I notice the buzzer was 18v. The guy who fitted it (a customer) said it was a lower voltage buzzer due to the drop in the current over the distance run.

Ron

Reply to
Ron O'Brien

work. Regards

Reply to
John McLean

To restore balance to the world Joker7 wrote in zeNwl.157207$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe10.ams

Hi , Thanks for all the replys. I will looking in to using a larger tranaformer.

Chris

Reply to
Joker7

I'm thinking Optimus Prime in a dress and slingbacks.

Reply to
Bikini Whacks

So that's what you mean about pulling?

Reply to
Ash

I fear it's nightmares ce soir. I'll just finish that Stilton before bed whilst I'm at it.

Reply to
Bikini Whacks

I know what you mean ... I tend to keep well away from cheese before bed ... keeps the weird dreams in check. As for my wife she keeps well away from Chinese ... the Monosodium Glutamate really freaks her out ... the last time she had a Chinese she woke in the middle of the night screaming that water was pouring out of her finger tips. Yes ... you've guessed it ... we're a weird family!

Reply to
Ash

Jesus, what meal was it? My local is five minutes away and I'm in the mood.

Reply to
Bikini Whacks

If only it worked on everyone wouldn't it be fun :o) Seems to have this strange effect due to the medication my wife is on for MS. I can tell you it get's pretty spooky at times when she's having these daft moments lol ... but she loves Chinese food so if we have one it's during the day and the effects of the Monosodium G tend to wear off before bed time.

Reply to
Ash

She sounds like the ultimate Jehoover's Witness deterrent! ;)

Reply to
Bikini Whacks

What, you mean like have a Chinese ready in the freezer and as soon as the JW's arrive at the doorstep feed her the Chinese and then let her loose on them ?? .... sounds a bit like a sketch from Shaun of the Dead to me !

Reply to
Ash

Indeed that's something approaching perfect . And not forgetting that you're both handling baseball bats as the door=bell goes, ready for the first, "did you know that the lor..." Crunch times two.

We should do cheese and wine sometime!

Reply to
Bikini Whacks