window leak Servis Quartz washing machine

Water is leaking via minute cracks in the plastic (perspex type) domed inspection port on a 14 year old Servis Quartz Plus model 6033. Replacements are no longer available. Earlier versions of Quartz machines had glass domes. Using the half load option avoids leaks, probably because the water level is below the cracks which are concentrated in the centre of the dome. Silicone sealer has been suggested as a possible treatment to the outside of the dome, I have no idea as to how the sealer will cope with the high water temperatures. Comments or other suggestions would be welcome.
--
Brian

brian c wrote:

Good source of parts for machines that will finally die soon anyway is :- Your local authority "recycling centre"
There's one a mile from me thats full of goodies ....