washing machine leak?

Is it normal for a small amount of water to be under a washing machine after it completes, or is that a sign to call the repairman ?

I noticed a good amount of water, I can't tell if it's from when it went off balance. I wiped it up, did a regular load, and noticed a few drops on the floor.

Reply to
Me

machine after

Nope.

Sure, or have a peek yourself.

A fairly quick way to narrow down where to look for a leak, place a sheet of cardboard under the washer ( it should be almost as big as the washer ) and run a short cycle. When the washer is finished, look for the stained/wet spot on the cardboard, this will help point you in what direction to look for where the leak is coming from...front...back...right side...left side. jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Is it normal for a small amount of water to be under a washing machine after it completes, or is that a sign to call the repairman ?

I noticed a good amount of water, I can't tell if it's from when it went off balance. I wiped it up, did a regular load, and noticed a few drops on the floor.

Reply to
Me

"Me" wrote in news:fdMBd.27466$ snipped-for-privacy@fe05.lga:

I've never had a machine that leaked. No it's not normal, up to you, replace it or call a repair man for $?? an hor.

Reply to
docmill

If you can gain access to look at the bottom of the washer as it operates you might be able to see the culprit. It might be something simple as a hose clamp. But if its leaking out of the water pump, it might need servicing.

Reply to
Mikepier

Don't panic yet. There are some models where the tub may be in an off centered position when the fill operation begins and water sprays over the tub edge and runs down to the floor. It may do this one time and not the next and the amount of water spilled is quite variable. The same can happen when clothes are placed in a way the allows some fill water to overshoot the tub.

Reply to
Al Bundy

First thing I would do is to check to see if the washer is level. Use a level (you know, the bubble in liquid type) and check it on the closed lid, and on another flat surface (in case the lid has been tweeked). Be sure to check the level and then check again by turning the level 90 degrees. If the machine is off, you can adjust it by screwing or unscrewing the four feet on the machine.

Just a thought.

Reply to
Rileyesi