Wimshurst whimsy?

Page 2 of 2

One might cheerfully make an electric chair for some folk, if only one could be *certain* they'd not decide to sit elsewhere when the chair was connected to the mains...

Will the swivel base of the ejector seat have some sort of aiming device?
--
< Paul >

Add pictures here
βœ–
<snip>

I think that particular design was discredited when it was found that you could only receive Gardener's Question Time on such a set...
-- Richard Sampson
βœ–
Tiltbed car transporter trailer hire - £25/ day. Near Derby. May even tow it for you.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Gives Darwin a chance
mike r
Add pictures here
βœ–

Available from here
http://www.lindsaybks.com/inq/index.html
--
Bernard Peek
βœ–
Bernard Peek wrote:

Probably also Camden books in the UK, don't have a URL yet.
Steve
Add pictures here
βœ–

No, but Scientific American used to have a regular feature with practical things to do- there was a water drop spark generator that I set as a Christmas A-level exercise when I taught physics. Made about 90V to ignite a neon bulb. They also had a 'partly-baked ideas' column. Not nuuty enough to be half-baked but not quite finished.
You might find back-numbers. This would be 70s and 80s I guess.
Peter Scott
Add pictures here
βœ–
Peter Scott wrote:

The amateur Scientist colmuns are available on CD from www.sas.org
Steve
Add pictures here
βœ–

"The Practical Scientist", IIRC.
The articles were published as a book. I have the CO2 laser one here somewhere. Never built it, needless to say.
βœ–