Will my sofa fit through my living room door?

You could try Googling for Svlad Cjelli - it's all connected ...

.. I'll send you my account for expenses later - I'm sure there must be an holistic reason to spend a fortnight or so in the Dordogne. ;-)

Reply to
John Cartmell

Never heard of it (live under an electronic stone as many here will tell you) and certainly don't feel the need for it.

When I do I'll ... um ...think of something to say.

I thought, "Would you like to talk about it?" Was an ironic reference to social workers of the 1970s. Perhaps it still applies. I've had nothing to do with social workers since those days and then only in frustration as a CAB organiser and council grant (for 'social' projects) applicant.

Bolli.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I'm not.

I don't use a pseudonym.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I used two pans. The first which was 'contaminated' by the garlic and herb infused oil which had marinated the Muscovy duck legs for confit was used for smoked salmon with home made sheep cheese filling and a duck sauce with home grown purple sprouting filling, the other used butter to cook the pancakes for vanilla sugar with self-squeezed lime juice and coffee fudge with 22 year old Armagnac sauce.

Spouse enjoyed it all. So did I.

But the bloody cooker hood fan started making its nasty noise again so I had to open the back door to let out the odours and I STILL smell of frying :-(

Must find that contact andy suggested.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Will my sofa fit through my living room door?

Yes

-- Cordless Crazy

Reply to
Cordless Crazy

It may well be. Eliza has been around since the early 1970s...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Not this far north.

The bright young sociologists from north London had only recently begun bringing cultural soup to the newly discovered Leeds

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

They had it in Anchorage...and that's further north..

Reply to
Bob Eager

And west.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Actually, thinking about it....it was also certainly at the University of Edinburgh, and also at York, to go much closer, and in both cases, further north compared to Leeds...

Reply to
Bob Eager

In that case you have moved recently! How is Greenland these days?

Reply to
John Cartmell

Thanks, I'm intrigued, I'll have to do it now....

Too late, you should have negotiated your fee before giving the answer!

-- Holly, in France Gite to let in Dordogne, now with pool.

Holly, in France

My fee is nothing plus expenses. ;-)

Reply to
John Cartmell

You obviously move in far more exalted circles than I do ... it must be a tedious chore having to explain such things to lowlier beings

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well, in my world overstrung can be used of a piano and a bow, valium wouldn't be applicable in any respect in either case.

I suspect, having read more of what folk here have said, that what was understood by 'overstrung' was 'overwrought'. If I'd meant overwrought I'd have said so.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

No.

Overstrung, highly-strung, overwraught, it was a play on words, a joke.

-- Holly, in France Gite to let in Dordogne, now with pool.

Holly, in France

Artistic licence, Mary.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Language is a dynamic thing. If you cannot appreciate that then don't use usenet for conversation.

NB if someone can be highly strung then surely they can be overstrung ...

;-)

Reply to
John Cartmell

Well I thought it was funny :-)