Will my sofa fit through my living room door?

Just for your info, my friend currently has them in a garage. Previously the house theu were in , you went straight into the living room from the front door so the problem didn't apply. it's turning from the metre wide hallway into the living room through the 6 foot 6 high and 2 foot 6 wide doorway that's the problem.

Reply to
jgkgolf

see if there is anything like it on their site? that would give everyone a good idea then.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Actually its "if you smoke & drink". Around 90% of people who die in upholstery based fires (mainly from the toxic smoke) are three times over the drink drive limit. Sober smokers have no problem.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Oh yes they do.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

really the only way to find out is try.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Of course they do! They're sober ferchrissake!

/may not be 100% of sober

Reply to
TimB

nice label.

The market for non fire-resistant secondhand upholstered furniture is non existent.

Other stuff can be sold quite easily in my experience. We did have a problem getting it out of the house as we'd fitted a dado in the hallway since buying the furniture. This prevented the front door opening quite so wide. In the end we just had to take the legs off the sofa.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

My sis had to remove her double glazed front window when she bought a large sofa and promptly smashed it when trying to re-fit it!

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

I wish that sofa companies would put something like "The tufty sofa will fit through a 7'x3' opening" or similar so that you know whether it'll fit before buying. It'd save everyone a lot of time.

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

My friend was driving along in his Mini-Metro and dropped a cigarette between his legs which then started to smoke profusely . Boy, did he stop quickly!

(Funnily enough that was the second time he set light to his own car while driving)

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

Super, smashing, lovely, great. Lookat what you coulda won. A speedboat. Don't worry, have a bendy bully instead.

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

You think a sofa is a problem? Try an overstrung upright piano which has to go round a tight corner. After doing that (sucessfully) anything's easy.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

All you had to do was open the top and chuck some Valium inside.... ;-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

I'm sure you know what you're talking about ... if you could share with the rest of us it might have been worth your while typing it.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Andy Hall wrote: Try an overstrung upright piano which

Surely Mary would just have made it some camomile tea?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Hmm... didn't think it was that obtuse - Dave got it.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Try moving a 1930's upright piano downstairs with 2 people.

"Laurel and Hardy" doesn't come into it .. ;-)

P.

Reply to
zymurgy

Perhaps you just don't understand pianos. Would you like to talk about it?

Reply to
Mary Fisher

We had to wind a steel spiral staircase through a doorway once - I'll never be daunted by a sofa again after that.....

-- Holly, in France Gite to let in Dordogne, now with pool.

Holly, in France

"Mary Fisher" typed

When my boyfriend moved in, with his upright piano, I was very glad I had big patio doors, the garage was behind the side passage and I had no side extension.

It all went easily!

My next-door neighbours may have an 'interesting' time if they have bulky stuff to move in/out. Their 'garage'[1] is to the side of the house, completely blocking the side passage and the front doorstep is high and insecure.

[1] I think never used as such. Never seen door open, lights on much of evening etc.
Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht