Anyone fitted a Howden's or MFI kitchen recently?

I'm soon going to be fitting a Howden's kitchen some time soon, which will involve hanging wall units on a stud partition which I'm in the process of building. It's occurred to me that now would be the time to make sure I fit adequate noggins in the wall, at the correct height for the fittings on the wall units.

However, I haven't bought the kitchen units yet, and don't want to for reasons of space; but I need to know how they are mounted. IIRC, they simply have a chipboard strut across the back, and you screw through this and into the wall, is that correct?

Has anyone got some new Howdens (or MFI - same thing - carcases recently that they could check and confirm this, and if so, let me have dimensions and position of the strut?

Many thanks David

Reply to
Lobster

The MFI wall units with glass doors use solid backs so you can screw anywhere in them.

Units with solid doors have board backs with adjustable hooks at the top fixing and a chipboard strip to secure along the bottom. Looking at the one nearest to me the lower two screws are approx 90mm from the bottom of the carcase. The top adjustable hooks sit right in each top corner. To attach them a metal plate with a lip is secured to the wall at the top. This plate is normally just below the thickness of the carcase i.e. about 20mm.

Another method I saw on the tv was to secure chipboard to the joists before the plasterboard.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

I fit Howdens units every day ,wall units are hung with a adjustable brackets,we fit these brackets at a height of 1340 above worktop height which is normally 920 mm from floor giving a total of 2260 mm so place stud centres at this height.

Reply to
Alex

Hmm, that would be just above the ceiling in my case! (yes, it is a somewhat low one...)

Thanks David

Reply to
Lobster