Why does half me carpet

look cleaner using Fairy washing up liquid as opposed to 1001 carpet shampoo?

Damn now I've got to go over the other half again. :-(

Reply to
George

that'll change due to sticky residue.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

You just can't get decent carpet shampoo for less than half a crown any more :-)

-- Graham. %Profound_observation%

Reply to
Graham

Absolutely right. I've been involved in carpet cleaning for 30 years and I can guarantee it will look like sh*te in a few weeks.

1001 is a dry foam shampoo. The minimum moisture content avoids over wetting carpets. The foam traps the soiling & as the shampoo drys it crystalises enabling the dirt & shampoo residue to be vacuumed away.

Fairy will leave a sticky residue and will attract dirt like a magnet.

Hire an extractor & buy loads of defoamer.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No and it doesn't clean a big, big carpet either.

Reply to
Andy Hall

When? one half is bone dry now and feels ok. I must admit it really does look clean now.

Reply to
George

"1001 is a dry foam shampoo"

Don't think so, its in liquid form and goes on wet. :-P

ps when does the carpet go tacky?

Reply to
George

Still not sticky.

Personally if it was going to be sticky it would be when the carpet has dried out.

Reply to
George