Which newsgroup

Page 2 of 3
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot wrote:

I was thinking the same about you!
--
Ben Blaney
Must try harder

It usually takes the people who got a PC for Christmas longer than this to find Usenet.
Huge wrote:

Weird how it changes. It always used to be late September to early October that we dreaded...
wrote

That was before the widespread use of computers and the Internet. American students going to University for the first time suddenly found that after an excess of alcohol they also had free access to the Internet :)
--
Alan
Here Here, old Grunffy boy really stirred a hornets nest up with his original inept post, it is not as if he contributes anything dynamic to the group. Still kept posts coming over the holiday period. TFAGT me thinks
Ruby wrote:

What the hell are you on about?
--
Grunff

Where, where?

Which you haven't bothered to show (trimmed) context for.

Au contraire. He tries to educate the terminally stupid in posting legibly, something which I have found futile in the main, but here goes....

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?selm?cfc910%240%2437895%24c3e8da3%40news .astraweb.com&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain Who are you? And what is TFAGT?
Suzanne

I have to admit to having sympathy with Grunff's initial answer. It *was* a rather unintelligent question. What answer would *you* expect if you walked into a BMW showroom and asked "Which is best, BMW or Mercedes?"
--
Cheers,
Set Square
Set Square wrote in message ...

Please do not top post;
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/news/doc/so1036.txt http://fmf.fwn.rug.nl/~anton/topposting.html http://homepage.ntlworld.com/g.mccaughan/g/remarks/uquote.html . http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/gey_chr0.htm http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/gey_stv0.htm http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/dont.html http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/nquote.html http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting.html http://www.html-faq.com/etiquette/?toppost http://www.html-faq.com/faq.php?clue=topposting http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt http://www.jsiinc.com/newsgroup_document.htm http://www.malibutelecom.fi/yucca/usenet/brox.html http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html http://www.newsreaders.com / http://www.planefacts.ndirect.co.uk/group/advice / http://www.plig.net/nnq/nquote.html http://www.star-one.org.uk/computer/format.htm http://www.usenet.org.uk/ukpost.html#s3 http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/quote.html
Get your OE fixed here; http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix /
Huge wrote:

<snip useful resource list>
That list gets longer every time - superb!
--
Grunff

Every time I see another, it gets added.
Huge wrote:

Do you add them to the top or bottom of the list??
running & ducking.................
Bob
--
To Reply directly to my mailbox, change myisp to ntlworld

*grin*
It depends. It's in alphabetical order.
Well it stops him from doing any dangerous diy! LOL Capitol Please don't bottom post. Get a proper newsreader and snip the questions!

Now you're just taking the piss ;o)
Si
Grunff wrote:

Why?

You've never bought a BMW or Mercedes, then? Such a person is likely to be purely a timewaster.
--
*Honk if you love peace and quiet.

Or a viable customer who isn't interested in paying over the odds for a status symbol with poor ride and reliability characteristics( try the ML320, A160, C200) and who expects salesmen to sell and provide service. Capitol