Newsgroup problem

Anybody here go to "rec.crafts.metalworking"? That newsgroup has not been updated for the last two days. All my other newsgroups (9 total) work okay.

Using Microsoft Outlook SP-3 (9.0.0.8954). Windows XP.

Thanks for checking.

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

Ivan...

news.qwest.net shows 16 new posts today. Your news server may have a problem.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Thank you both for your replies.

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

I see 57 new entries since this morning.

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

Awesome! I don't see any now. :-)

Give my best to Gunner et al.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Sometimes the newsgroup itself will reset it's article numbers, for whatever reason. That can happen if the newsserver is re-started. If your newsreader is set to hide articles you have already read, and the article numbers start at zero again, you won't see new articles. Deleting and resubscribing resets your local article counter. At least, that's my non-expert understanding.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Need more help, please!!

Monitor seven newsgroups. Cannot get "rec.crafts.metalworking" to download headers. Here is what I have done.

On ALL my groups I went to PROPERTIES>LOCAL FILE>Compact,Remove messages,Delete and Reset. Then I unsubscribed and resubscribed to all. They all reload except "metalworking". Microsoft Outlook, in the lower left hand corner shows "0 messages, 0 unread, 62573 not downloaded". The "Tools>Get Next 1000 Headers" does nothing.

Is my IP (verizon) dis-allowing access? Can anybody recommend a good 3rd party newsreader. Don't mind paying for it. I don't like the format of Google. I really like the "Header" format wherby I can choose whether or not to open the chain.

Thank you all,

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary