Where to get pulleys

Anyone know where I can get pulleys for running cord over?

We have a drying rack above our Aga which we are about to replace. The new rack comes with pulleys which screw into the ceiling on a single thread and have a cast surround frame that holds the axle. Unfortunately due to the angle at which the cord will have to pull the cord will probably foul this frame.

I need a larger and stronger version of what we have now which is, in effect, a U-shaped bracket with a pulley sitting in the U. The bracket is screwed to the ceiling with ordinary screws above the pulley(s) so the cord can be pulled at any angle. I need one pulley with two wheels, one pulley with one.

I thought Srewfix might have something like this but sadly not, and Google doesn't find the right type of pulley either.

Reply to
Woody

Try googling for yacht or ship chandlers ?

here`s a directory I came across...

Colin Wilson

Try your local hardware shop. If it has bbeen established along time like the one I live near, it will no doubt be like an Aladins cave....

-- troubleinstore

troubleinstore

Try B&Q. Regards Mike.

Reply to
Mike Cawood, HND BIT

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt - but no suitable pulleys!

Thanks anyway.

Reply to
Woody

I looked up architectural ironmongery pulleys:

*-
have got a washing machine drum and electric motor if you want them.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

If you take a trip to York this w/e then the Aladdin's cave that is Barnitts have just this item and many variations, plus a good pub next door.

Reply to
Toby

How about product ref 06-527-F from

David

Reply to
Lobster

B & Q Warehouse has a much better selection than ordinary B & Q sheds

Reply to
Paper2002AD

How about doing what we did? Our airer is above the stair well and to pull direct from one pull to a cleat would have left the cord crossing the landing at below head height. So I fixed another double pully near the wall ceiling so the pull is straight up the wall through 90 deg and then to the pullies that the rack hangs from.

S----------D----------D S - Single pully | | | D - Double pully < Rack > | pull

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

We id the same thing, over our Rayburn. I ordered an extra pulley from the people who supplied the airer. It works very well, and looks tidy.

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

I am surprised, is the Harrogate one a *Depot* ? The B&Q depots in Leeds have a complete range of pulleys and accessories including the ones they used to use on washing dryer / airers (correct name ?).

My mother just used to call it "The Pulley". DG

Reply to
derek