Miele s571 How do I empty the bag?

I can't find the manual and getting at the bag isn't obvious.

Thanks in anticipation :)

Reply to
Strangiato

I'm not sure which one the 571 is - but if it's like mine, there should be a catch just in front of where the hose attaches - round towards the front handle. Press that, and the top half of the case hinges up, enabling you to get at the bag. [There is also a catch *behind* the hose which opens a smaller cover to get at the tools, but the one you want is *in front of* the hose].

Reply to
Set Square

This one has the new self emptying feature. Take a small explosive device, hoover it up, and put the machine outside. It will then self empty.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Vacuuming up spilt petrol has a similar effect... ;)

Lee

Reply to
Lee