Where can I buy table "raisers"?

For reasons not worth bothering you with, I need to raise my dining table. It is a simple flat oak construction with the lowest part of the 4 legs being about 1" to 1 1/2 " in diameter. Can I buy wooden or wood look-alike "shoes" that I can slip the legs into to raise the height of the table as desired?
Strangiato wrote:

You could put wheels on the legs (some come with locking mechanisms). This would raise the table AND make it easier to move.

i never seen such things, i expect youd need to make em
Regards, NT
N. Thornton wrote:

Try finding a supplier of aids for elderly and/or disabled people. The old boy next door has some raisers like those you seem to be looking for on the legs of his chair.
John S

table.
look-alike
as
my Mother had them supplied - they look like a small Metpost minus the spike

Aha, how about getting the bolt down version of those, and filling it most of the way up with wood or concrete?
Regards, NT

How many shapes and sizes of table leg do you think there are?
--
geoff

You might find plastic pipe with a suitable internal diameter. This could be painted in an un-obtrusive colour or even given a grained effect if you are artistic.
Alternatively you might find suitable dowel, or have a peice turned for you, which could be attached with a double tailed screw, or whatever you call those screws with threads at each end. If going this way you wouldn't want to be dragging the tables around too much as this type of fitting wouldn't take much abuse, IMHO.
Lateral thinking suggest you may be able to raise the height of the table top by inserting something between it and the leg frame, assuming it has a leg frame.
Paul Mc Cann
That's a good idea, I'll check..
writes

table.
look-alike
as
:) Well, some are square flat pieces aren't they?
writes

table.
look-alike