Whats your best DIY purchase on ebay?

Have been ebaying for years and made some wicked purchases saving me

small fortune. Most items can be picked up at half the price of th shops.

Whats been ur best purchases mainly with regards to savings agains RRP's

-- Cordless Crazy

Reply to
Cordless Crazy

40W small bayonet candle bulbs, by far and away the best ever buy of NEW stuff.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
650 linear metres of hardwood window mouldings (&150m odd mouldings).

Estimated value =A33000.

Price paid =A3150.

I've made 17 large gothic windows for the chapel I'm converting - and still have two-thirds left.

Reply to
dom

The message from " snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com" contains these words:

Want to flog some?

Reply to
Guy King

Pics - we need pics !!! :-)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

A well used 12v makita cordless [drill/driver] for £80 , adding new batts (2x £40 from s/fix ) made it the £300+ machine it was when new. I have (ab)used it 4 years and now it's just begging to show some signs of wear.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

800mm quadrant shower enclosure and stone resin capped tray for SWMBO's aunts bathroom - identical to the kit she was going to pay best part of £800 for in a local BMs - cost me £194 including delivery.
Reply to
John Rumm

LOL - pics of the chapel here

- but haven't updated with new window pics yet.

Reply to
dom

Nice - I like old buildings with a bit of character, and it seems far too many of these places are just being abandoned / demolished, when they`re far nicer to look at than most modern crap :-)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

OK, here are a few big ticket items I've bought over the last year:

Gazco gas fire RRP =A31350. I paid =A3350. Second hand, but in as-new condition.

Horman insulated sectional garage door RRP =A3800. I paid =A3360. Brand new.

2 Myson 600x600 column radiators RRP =A3250 ish. I paid =A325 inc delivery. As new condition. Also 2 new Smiths fan convectors for about half RRP. 2 new Zehnder Runtal Jet designer radiators for =A340 each, RRP something north of =A3200.

New Grundfos pumps for half RRP. Danfoss TRVs the same.

Bosch designer cooker hood RRP =A3750. I paid =A3150 brand new.

By far the best saving percentage wise: Honeywell CM67RFNG thermostat RRP =A3120 (but you can easily find them for =A390). I paid =A370 total for a job lot of 2 brand new. Fitted one, then sold the other on ebay for =A375!

eBay is the best answer to "Rip-off Britain" shop prices and lousy service. You do have to be very selective in what you buy and from who, and also very patient (using saved searches) to get exactly what you want (e.g. I waited 6 months for the Gazco fire to turn up). I love it.

-Antony

Reply to
Antony

Newlec NL121 digital insulation/continuity tester (basically a Megger BM121). 25 quid. Works and calibrates up fine. At the time, second hand ones were going around the 100 mark. New around 300+.

The seller didn't know what it was, described it poorly and confessed that he was selling it because it had given him an electric shock!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

So kick it around the floor a bit.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Cool chapel

-- Cordless Crazy

Reply to
Cordless Crazy

I've got my eye on a bradbury 4 post lift

nowhere to put the bugger, mind :(

Reply to
.

Antony,

Fully agree. Ebay is a great tool if you know how to use it properly Most of the stuff I buy is half price. Tis good when buying vouchers a well, normally saving an average of 20% of the shop prices

-- Cordless Crazy

Reply to
Cordless Crazy