webcam for fault tracing

Having had no success getting live video from a aiptek pencam I inherited I'm looking for something similar that works. I want a thin camera, preferably with its own light, that can be left in the undercab compartment of a machine. The reason is to spot which one of

12 hydraulic pipes is leaking whilst the machine is working. The machine doesn't function with the cab up so it's difficult to pinpoint the leak.

I don't want to spend hundreds on a professional model.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

I had one working OK years ago, but the ASA rating was poor, so pretty useless for low ambient light. They can be found on Ebay for 99 pence + a lot more postage.

john2

Reply to
john2

What about a cheap cctv with ir leds for illumination?

?

Reply to
Tim Morley

A normal webcam will sufffice with a small lamp placed in there or a small penlight torch taped to the webcam.

Forget these cheap infared cams their a gimmick to sell the webcam

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

AJH wrote: The pencams have rubbish sensors and rubbish software. One of the current phillips webcams has a built in LED and decent sensitivity - Can't remember the model number though.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hodges

Cheers all for the input, I finished early on Friday so had a bit of time to play around, after much unsuccessful searching at the manifold where the pipes pass through the cab I managed to persuade a colleague to assist. With me jacked up in the cab and engine on full song I gingerly operated the controls, he quickly spotted the leak was a fine spray from a crack along the weld at the base of a lift ram, this jet was hitting the manifold where we thought the leak was. He then proceeded to make the most of my claustrophobia by not jacking the cab back down :-(

AJH

Reply to
AJH

I see you've sorted it - nice one. Apologies for misquoting in my last post.

FYI and for the archives the model in question is the SPC610NC.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hodges