Wall Hung Toilets

Is there an occupancy weight-limit to wall-hung loo?

Reply to
Jo

Not especially IME. They usually bolt to a solid metal frame that you conceal in the wall, and that spreads the loadings out over a wide area. Hence the fixings are not that critical.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes, but it varies with make and type, so you need to check the manufacturer's specifications. I would expect 115kg / 18 stone to be a minimum, but some American manufacturers make wall hung toilets with a

500 lb / 35 stone / 225kg limit.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

and floor standing ones of half a ton, but if you've seen some amercians, ...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Gentworks (UK) do a *back-to-wall* WC tested for loads in excess of

1000kg (157 stone) supplied with The Big John toilet seat, rated to over 380kg (60 stone)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

My Grohe wall hung loo frames were rated at 150Kg, as was the Ideal Standard loo that went on them.

Reply to
dom

Presumably there is a standard method, and a standard arse for testing these with.

Reply to
The Other Mike

There's a slender bloke at only 73 stone on telly at the moment [1]

I don't understand how people can say "I just got bigger". There must come a point where you realise it's time to lay off the pies and start on the Special K. Possibly when you can no longer get through the room door would be sometime after that point. Personally I think "So many times I went to buy new pants and would have to return two weeks later for a bigger size." would have been a clue.

Fortunately American houses have timber stud walls so quite easy to saw out a wider doorway.

Owain

[1] This one I think
Owain

That's Tony Blair.

DerekG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

saw one on the telly a few days ago - a 19 year old IIRC, mainly being killed by his mother overfeeding him.

There's probably no point making a toilet to take anything over 60 stone, because I don't think any of those can actually get up to use a toilet.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Owain saying something like:

Even I, who piled it on a bit, reached a point where I'd had enough and felt like crap, so started losing it again. Mind you, that guy's partner was a fool for just fetching and feeding him.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

> Hellfire and s**te!

Astonishing isn't it? I'm amazed at how little publicity the "feeders" get for their involvement in such cases. Nobody gets that fat without a lot of help from someone.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

The family were saying "we really hope his gastric band goes well" while stuffing themselves with burgers.

Having been weighed at the doctor's on Monday though I am less voluble about excess weight.

For a skinny bloke I now weigh an awful lot :-(

Hence 'new year' resolution - skimmed milk in tea, and make a bag of doughnuts last at least two days.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

"Only deliveries of fast food from his partner Serena break the monotony of the day"

But he spends all day eating. So why not try not eating to break the monotony of the day?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Argh!!! How on earth can he even /afford/ 30,000 calories a day? I find it hard enough to afford 1,000 calories a day.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Lard fried up in beef dripping should help.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Tesco Value Custard Creams will give you 2,400 cals for 35p.

along with scurvy and diabetes, probably.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember jgharston saying something like:

Extraordinary how potent cheap food is. (apols to Coward)

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

When I moved here I was persuaded that at my advanced age going to the GP for an annual checkup was a sensible thing to do, not a sign of weakness.

When he got to my weight and height I said, mumble, mumble, that I realised that my weight was right at the top of acceptable for my height. He looked at his chart, confirmed this was so, then said "do you realise that most Australian men of your age are overweight: that makes your weight below average!". I knew then that he and I would get on.

Reply to
Tony Bryer