wall hung bog - waste pipe query

Scenario: New wall frame and wall-hung bog onto an existing thru wall

110mm plastic wastepipe..

Surprise surprise when bog is in preferred position, the 90mm diam. horizontal outlet from the frame(pan) is out of line with the existing

110mm thru wall waste pipe.

Rough idea :- draw a 90mm circle, overlap it in the 4o'clock position with a 110mm circle, overlapped by 20mm

Will a standard flexi bog connector cope (connect well and reilably) with all that in the horizontal space of abt 5-6 inches? especially the 90mm input and the Z bend in short space?

e.g. McAlpine WCF23R

or am I better trying to squeeze in the supplied 90/110 adaptor as well and using something else to join up with - if so what?!

cheers JimK

Reply to
JimK

Just take care when using the flexi to ensure it can't come off when in situ. Some way to wedge it in place as it would be a disaster if popped off as I'm sure you can imagine. If you are tight on space that might be your only option. The orange diy shed usually carry short and longer versions.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Starling

thanks dave,

It's a bit tricky to describe but the flexi wouldn't actually join to the pan outlet directly, but to the end of a very short bit of 90mm that is/will be clamped into the wall mounting frame (as the last part of the Geberit installation), but I take your poiint - maybe a large jubilee clip around the flexi onto the 90mm pipe would be worth doing?

cheers JimK

Reply to
JimK

Would something like

with the 90/110 adaptor? The standard offset is 20mm, but you can get ones with larger offsets, although the larger the offset, the longer the fitting.

auctions

like

work with the 90/110 adaptor? The standard offset is 20mm, but you can

mmm don't know! i am under the imprression that these type of things (especially bigger offsets) can cause more bother than they are worth? is that unfounded? anyone? Cheers JimK

Reply to
JimK

like

> work with the 90/110 adaptor? The standard offset is 20mm, but you can

update: I've taken the insulated plasterboard off around the waste pipe and chiselled some of the wall away around the pipe to get me some more "length". Also subtly used a trolley jack (:>)) to persuade the thru-wall plastic pipe to bend in the right direction and got the two diameters now 1/2 out with each other.

Will play at that when I get the bog and assorted connectors.

Next to last resort: Dremel the pipe off *within* the wall and use a Jollyflex smooth bore flexi connector....

Cheers JimK

Reply to
JimK