Use BOTH hands to open new double glazed door?

Zenith installed 5 months ago windows and doors.

It is only possible to open the front door if you grab the handle and pull it towards you while turning the key with the other. I'm sorry but I would expect this if there was an ill-fitting wooden door - surely a new PVC door should open smoothly with a twist of the key? Having to put the shopping down to open the door is a real pain.

I've accepted it for the moment because the in-laws PVC door behaves the same, but maybe theirs needs adjusting also?

Anyone else with similar?

Regards

Earl

Reply to
Earl Kella

uPVC doors are an abomination - they sag with the weight of the glass and then bind on the bottom of the frame. You can sometimes rescue them after a fashion by re-fitting the glazing unit with some strategically placed wedges to stop the frame from lozenging - but don't tackle it unless you know what you're doing. If it's only 5 months old, I'd get the supplier back to fix it.

Roger

Reply to
Roger Mills