TV USB to charge Tablet and GPS

The telly isn't likely to be powered off but I've never bothered checking.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That sounds like a very good reason not to use that hotel chain again.

Reply to
Nightjar

You don't know anywhere near enough to have a valid opinion on that.

Whatever, the point remains that the lighting in hotel rooms can be non-trivial to figure out, and a master on/off switch by the door is useful, but if that switch stops your iThing from charging, that's not so good.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Indeed? Exactly how much do I need to know to have an opinion about whether or not I would want to use an hotel that makes life too complicated?

Reply to
Nightjar

I've never thought The Queen to be one for haughty exits.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Annoying when it is a 10" one. Makes you wonder how people managed with viewfinders.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Indeed.

That's irrelevant. What's relevant is whether I would want to use it again, not you.

You want "exactly"? I know you were talking about me, not you, because you wrote "use that hotel chain *again*" (my emphasis). The chances of you ever having used that hotel (not part of a chain, incidentally) are vanishingly small.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

I reckon it's a nostalgia thing from the days of plate cameras without viewfinders, but without the need for the black cloth.

Reply to
John Williamson

It is entirely relevant to my having an opinion about the hotel.

Not at all. I would have to have used the hotel once in order to discover that it made life so complicated, hence I would not want to use it again.

Probably true. I have had a suite with a view over the pyramids and accommodation for my personal servants, but I really don't like the suffocating degree of service that comes with that sort of hotel and have long since decided that I much prefer three or four star hotels.

Reply to
Nightjar

Perhaps there should be an app to turn it upside down.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

You post something to Usenet and then get arsey when someone posts a fairly bland comment about it? My opinion is that you really ought to seek help (probably paranoia judging by the wild misinterpretation.)

Reply to
Scott M

Who's being "arsey" now?.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Ummm, still you. I'm just intrigued.

Reply to
Scott M

I'm mildly intrigued by your intriguedness - you seem to have picked up on something very ordinary as if it were special, and come to a conclusion that would be a strong contender for a Commonwealth Games gold medal in the "jumping to conclusions" event.

If you have a question, fire away. By email if you prefer.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

And this coming from someone who took a one line comment from the groups' most mild mannered poster and leapt up and down about it.

Reply to
Scott M

And that coming from someone whose first contribution to the thread was an _ad hominem_ attack. I'm genuinely puzzled. That sort of behaviour is very rare in this group. You clearly think I was upset or something, but I promise you I wasn't.

Unless you have any questions (seeking illumination rather than voicing opinions based on supposition), I don't think I have anything more to say to you.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Samsung phones and tablets do seem to be quite fussy what they charge from. Some dedicated USB sockets can't supply enough current.

Reply to
Mark

Cannot speak about anything else, but my Galaxy S2 is fine on any source I have tried. However, it does like a good quality plug on the end of the cable.

Reply to
polygonum

polygonum wrote in news:c4cjubFdeahU1 @mid.individual.net:

I am finding that my Tab3 will charge on anything if turned off - but needs

2 amps to charge whilst operating.
Reply to
DerbyBorn

I wonder whether the Tab3s are different since they use a standard microusb port rather than the crappy samsumg one? The Tab2s will charge sometimes off a computer (although they display an icon to indicate it is not charging). My Galaxy S was OK but the Ace had problems IIRC.

Reply to
Mark