Re: To kill a buddleia

> How to kill a buddleia?

How does that work when it's only absorbed through the leaves?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

if it were, it wouldn't, but it isn't so it does.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It works, You only have to break the bark. Leaves have holes in them ready made. How do you suppose th roundup gets down to the roots? Large stumps can heve holes drilled in a circle just beneath the bark and Roundup tipped in.

Reply to
harryagain

BTW, you have to apply the roundup right after cutting ie when wet with sap If it has dried off, cut it off again lower down.

Reply to
harryagain

Just wait for it to put out a shoot, then jump on it with the glyphosate. Seems to be doing the trick here with elder and bindweed.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

It was trimmed today and I won't be able to do anything more until Friday.

So on Friday I'll get the loppers out again, trim another inch off where I can, and paint the Roundup on the edges straight away. That should do it. Fortunately there's nothing in the vicinity that needs protecting.

Thanks everyone.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

When the stem is cut, for a few seconds afterwards the sap is sucked back down to the roots, so spraying with glyphosate during this period ensures it is taken down as well, resulting in plant death.

I once had a Sasa bamboo that had got out of control, it must have had more than 200 stems growing from the root ball. Cutting a few stems at a time and immdiately spraying with glyphosate was almost totally successful - only three tiny stems survived, which were easily dealt with.

Reply to
Terry Fields