repair usb suitcase

I have a suitcase made from usb moulded plastic that has a 4-6 inch crack in it. Anyone know how I might repair this so its usable again? thanks. AndyPandy

Reply to
AndyPandy

I've not heard of USB plastic ABS maybe?

Its possible to drill little holes & stitch it with iron wire, and/or apply glass fibre mat and resin on the inside. Another approach is metal plate on the inside plus several short bolts. Either way its going to look awful and not be as strong. It could easily be artified into a frnkensteinian flesh wound though.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

Dyslexic, thanks for the advice though. Looks like a new one required. AndyPandy

Reply to
AndyPandy

Acetyl Butyrate Styrene , ABS, plastic welding works well

Adam Aglionby

I thought this was a computer peripheral - a multi-terabyte raid array on a pen drive

Owain

Reply to
Owain

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember AndyPandy saying something like:

Got a soldering iron and some old plastic coathangers? Game on.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon