Tricity-Bendix DH102 Dishwasher

Hi, I've been "having a go" at one of the above noted dishwashers at the inlaws, which is some distance away.

A couple of months ago the anti-flood device was preventing water from entering the machine, so I sucked/blew down the pipe to reset it, checked that there were no obvious blockages, reassembled the machine and it tested ok.

Last week it showed the same fault again, so I stripped it down, removed the water fill/softener complete and checked carefully for any problems. I also checked all of the pipes/ports leading into the machine, no problems to be found anywhere. I stripped down the anti- flood valve, it appears that it ought to auto reset, also that this particular specimen may jam in the closed position. I advised that the valve may be the fault, and may need replacement.

I had just sat down in the chair, having arrived home, when a 'phone call advised that the fault had recurred.

Does anyone happen to know if this valve cycles by design whilst the dishwasher is filling, to maintain a safe "head" of water in the machine, or if it only activates in the event of a fault condition?

The valve may be viewed at:

is the middle valve shown...

Reply to
Will

It operates if the machine over fills only, I haven't got the model details to hand but if it fills on the siphon system the tubes get blocked and cause the machine to over fill. Remove the large sump filter inside the machine, you may see a plastic dome in the sump with a Philips screw in its cap, remove the screw and cap. Underneath are three plastic tubes pull these out and clean them, they are usually the cause if blocked.

Peter

Reply to
gffftftfuyguyt

Many thanks for the information, I'll have a look when I get there next, and report back...

Reply to
Will